All reviewsgreat locationstay there againbreakfast is servedbreakfast roomcentral locationloved this hotelwalking distancetop flooruffizi gallerystar hotelrecommend this hotelroom was clean and comfortablerooftop terracearound the cornerstayed here for nightsmodern hotelcroissants
Reviewed 26 October 2012

OK. Single room, single bed but spacey.
Bathroom small, but clean and organized
Breakfast is the same everyday, served to the table:1 small glass of orange juice, 1 hot beverage, basket of bread, basket with butter and stuff, cup of "yogurt"
Location, 1 block away to the Piazza dela Signoria, -5" way from the Uffizy Gallery, a few blocks from the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio, etc...
Helpful, friendly and accommodating staff

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Clean room, nice bathrooms, and nice location. Breakfast adequate. No problems sleeping. Front desk was very helpful. Walking distance to most of sites and excellent restaurants and shops. We had a balcony and it was very relaxing sitting there and drinking wine.

Room Tip: Had a room w/balcony and loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in Oct. I had a single room on the second floor (slightly oddly, right next to the breakfast room). The room was a reasonable size for a single, and while the decor could generously be described as 'tired' (somewhat incongruously I had a very nice, very big, brand new TV), I found it perfectly clean. Noise from the adjacent room did bleed quite easily into mine however when the windows were open (default option after cleaning). My iPad could seem to retain the wifi login, so I had to re-enter the password each time which was mildly frustrating but didn't hinder me from doing what I needed.

The communal areas were nicely decorated, and there is a smart lounge area on the first floor in the same style as the exterior you can see in the pictures. Where the hotel really wins is in the very competitive pricing for the centro storico of Florence, and a fantastic location (one turn out of the hotel and I was practically on the ponte vecchio before I realised it). I found the front desk staff very helpful.

I overheard the hotel may be undergoing a refurbishment this winter, and it could only be a benefit to spruce up the rooms to match the other good points

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

When looking for moderate prices and centrally located 3* hotel in Florence, I did not expect much. All I wanted was a place where to sleep because I had busy sightseeing schedule.
Hotel Della Signoria surprised me by its assets. My single room was clean with a nice bathroom, quite simple but I did not need anything more. Even the carpet under the bed was vacuum-cleaned (usually it is not the rule in some hotels). The place is quiet but somebody may be disturbed by a tower clock striking every full hour.
The breakfast was a continental type, simple, but served on a terrace overlooking the old city.
The staff was very friendly and nice.
The best thing was the location, in the very heart of the old city, withing walking distance to all main Florence sights.
I will come again to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tilia60
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Nowhere in central Florence is going to be particularly cheap. The prices here seemed comparable to other hotels in the area and not as bad as some.
The staff were helpful and pleasant, the rooms acceptable. There is a breakfast room, but no restaurant, there are however a variety of places to eat nearby.

The location of the hotel is easily it's best asset. By the leather market close to the Ponte Vecchio, the Uffizzi and in walking distance of the Duomo.
This is the best place in the world for renascimento art, and this hotel is about as close to the top sites as you can get.

William.