“Fantastic location”

Ranked #34 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

You can't find a better location! This hotel is literally in the heart of everything -it actually overlooks one of the sin piazzas! Unreal! Shopping, the Duomo, food -it's all right there. Nice older hotel - warning only on small elevator so pack light lol - room was clean but small, but to be expected. Hotel had a nice vintage charm and a pretty good breakfast too. Great coffee! All in all great value for what we paid. Will certainly stay again :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
cborghigiani, Direttore at Hotel Pendini, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that our location and the friendly, helpful nature of our team continue to be a highlight for you.

Your positive feedback and personal recommendation is therefore incredibly encouraging and also greatly valued, thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back again and hope to meet you in person when you return to the Pendini.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

In a piazza a block away from the duomo the pendini is an unsung treasure. Our rooms overlooked the square where a carousel was in the center. Lovely restaurants were close by. Elegant but family friendly

• Stayed August 2014
cborghigiani, Direttore at Hotel Pendini, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
dear Guest

thank you for staying at the Pendini for your stay in Florence and for finding time to write this very positive comment.

we are thrilled you have enjoyed one of our recently refurbished family suites and look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I did not realize I was booking a pensione when I selected Pendini. Although the location was a definite plus, the rest of my stay was only so-so. I would not return.

The room was of adequate size, although a bit on the small side. The bathroom was small with not a lot of space in the shower. Closet space was OK. I never felt as though the room was "cleaned" by housekeeping. "Picked up" was more the feeling I had. I don't need sheets changed, but I do like fresh towels and a sink/shower without hair (not mine) remaining on the surface.

Breakfast was nothing special. Coffee came from a self service machine rather than being prepared by staff. Selection of cold cuts, cereals, fruit, breads, etc was quite basic. The room was often very crowded and not very quiet.

If this is a typical pensione atmosphere, then that's why I will stick with full service hotels in the future. I do not have to be a budget traveler. If you are a budget traveler then Pendini might be what you require. The location is most definitely in the heart of Florence historic district. I was able to walk everywhere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sim C
dear Guest,

thank you for staying at the Pendini for your stay in Florence and for finding time to write this review.
we regret to learn that your stay with us has not been fully satisfactory.
your indications have been promptly passed to the housekeeping.

we also suppose that we should better advertise our espresso and cappuccino service with a bigger signage. besides our automatic coffee machine we have put an invitation to ask the waiter for a real cappuccino or espresso and this was maybe overlooked.

despite the hotel preserves the signage Pensione (which is hanging on the front facade of the building since 1890 - pensione was a small hotel offering full board service) today the hotel Pendini is a beautiful three stars bed and breakfast. we do not pretend to be a five or four stars hotels and the services offered are perfectly adequate with its rating and prices.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Pendini from 21st to 25th August 2014. We were I room 405 which overlooks the Piazza including the four large restaurants. The room was a quadruple room with four single beds. It was clear that it had been decorated back to its original classical style which tasteful and we'll executed. The bathroom looked brand new and was very impressive. The room was very clean including the crisp white bed clothes. I would say that the would benefit from tea/coffee making facilities and maybe a small fridge. I guess it's a British thing, but we do love a good cup of tea!
I would say that I was expecting some noise from the piazza below but it did appear more excessive than I was expecting. The restaurant to the right as you look from the windows has live music until the early hours which is very noisy, even with the double glazed window closed. Saying that, it's a prime central location as is to be expected. The breakfast were excellent, fresh rolls, pastries, hams and cheeses...delicious! The breakfast staff were very pleasant and polite. We would definitely stay here again, highly recommended by us. The central location is great, we could see the dome and tower from our room. Everything was in easy walking distance. Don't eat at the restaurants in the piazza republica....it's very expensive including the excessive service charge. I almost choked when I got the bill! Overall, a great hotel in a location difficult to beat. Thanks Hotel Pendini for a wonderful break.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for sharing your experience!

Your suggestions have been taken in due consideration and hope they can be part of next implementation.
I hope we will now be your home away from home whenever in Town and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am a seasoned traveler, I've visited many places all around the world since the youngest years of my life, and I lodged at many hotels of every amount of stars. I mean, I have an informed opinion about traveling and lodging based on experience. On Summer of 2010 I stayed at Hotel Pendini for a week with two of my granddaughters. It was a wonderful experience: located in the hearth of Firenze in an impressive historical building, the rooms were spacious with high ceilings beautifully hand-decorated, and antique high-quality furniture, plus a nice breakfast and professional staff. A place to feel comfortable. I've returned to Hotel Pendini 4 years later, on August 2014, with my husband. Everything is different now. It was renovated, gentrificated: low ceilings, small rooms, plastic floating floors crackling under your steps, No detail of bad taste was saved for later. No mirror in the room, only in the bathroom, very tiny bed tables and an annoying clanking bed. Internet service was slow, some ammoniacal smell on the aisles, the staff unfriendly. We stayed just for one night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank calixta_203
cborghigiani, Direttore at Hotel Pendini, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear guest,

I have received you last review on the Pendini and thank you for finding time to write this comment.

I am sincerely very surprised to read your comments on the renovated Pendini. In 2010 the Pendini was old and inadequate hotel with old fashioned bathrooms and did not comply with any safety regulation. the air conditioning was unefficient and no internet wifi system was not in place.
the thorough refurbishment we started in late 2010 and completed last winter has given this hotel a totally different image and all this is acknowledged by hundreds of outstanding reviews posted by our customers.

I suppose you stayed in a big room facing the square ant the Duomo during your visit in 2010 and on last stay you have been assigned of a room facing the street of the courtyard and this is probably the difference you have noticed.

II really do hope that you will consider trying again as I am very confident that we can provide you with the same experience and level of comfort that a majority of our guests are very willing to attest to.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here in July 2014 in a quad room. Room was large and the bathroom was updated. The beds were good to sleep in and the hotel is location in an excellent central location so you can walk everywhere which was great. We had a car so the hotel were able to organise garage parking for the 3 days we were in florence. As it is situated in Piazza della Republicca, at night it is pretty loud. One of the restaurants played load music till early hours of the morning (we ended up having to buy ear plugs for my daughter who found it hard to sleep because of the noise). The breakfast was good (not extensive) but enough to fill you up until lunch. We would stay again because of the location and room standard (my daughter on the other hand may not agree). Staff were very friendly and happy to help.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
cborghigiani, Direttore at Hotel Pendini, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
It was a real pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at Hotel Pendini for 2 nights during our Europe trip. It was a good choice of hotel for us, since it is very centrally located, and we could walk everywhere. Location was perfect.
It is in very impressive historical building!

Room are huge and spacious, we had our two kids with us, they had their own bed, still there was plenty of room. Washrooms were very clean, and amenities were good. We had room overlooking the square which was a cherry on the top.

Breakfast was very good, and had many options. Though considering the size of the hotel and number of the rooms, it gets very crowded in breakfast room. There are two ways to enter the breakfast room, so one could be sitting in the waiting area while people could be walking straight in the Breakfast room. Hotel should either increase that space, or probably have better way of managing the people waiting for the breakfast.

Internet access is through Facebook which is not good unless one has other fake account for such permissions. We do not like to disclose the information, but there is no option.

Considering the size and reputation of the hotel, there should be more amenities provided like : Bar, Safe, Complimentary water.

One key is really impractical, as due to this reason, we always had to drag full family out and in.

Overall the hotel is beautiful and good.

We enjoyed our stay, recommend this hotel to everyone if you need central location. If above mentioned points does not matter to you, then this is great option!

Room Tip: Take the room overlooking into the Square!