“A definite must if you're looking for somewhere to stay in Florence!”
Review of Hotel Privilege

Hotel Privilege
Ranked #156 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Santa Monica, CA
“A definite must if you're looking for somewhere to stay in Florence!”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I stayed at Hotel Privilege Sept 3-7, 2009 as part of a 3 week trip to Italy, and I can't say enough great things about this hotel! First off, the staff couldn't have been more helpful - from providing me with train schedules to helping me locate a laundromat near the hotel to coming up at night to help connect my internet. They were absolutely wonderful! They even put up with my very mediocre Italian and always responded to me in Italian so that I could practice. Second, the location really couldn't be any better. This hotel is situated on the river right next to Santa Croce and couldn't have been more ideal for exploring the city and coming back at night. Lastly, the room itself was perfect for me as a single traveler (with a double bed too!) and was larger than I had expected. The bathroom was a good size and very clean as well. I couldn't have asked for more for the very reasonable price that I paid. Oh, and the breakfast is really nice too - lots to choose from! So all in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to spend a few nights in the beautiful city of Florence. Thanks again Barbara and Emanuele for everything! I hope to return again soon

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank ItalyLover11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Idaho
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Enjoyed our 3 night stay tremendously. Great location for walking, clean and spacious room, convenient parking arrangement, ample breakfast buffet, reasonable price. But best of all was the staff -- most helpful and pleasant, with a sense of humor as a bonus. Their recommendations were right on. Only negative was inconvenient internet access.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
istanbul
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I have been 7 times in Firenze and i have been to many hotels but Hotel Privilege was the best,with a very nice wiev and it is only 5 minutes walk to center.Also the breakfast is perfect.The rooms are clean,the price is really good for this quality,because before my stay i have been to 10 hotels in Firenze i checked the prices so the cheaper ones was really bad,the nicer ones were really expensive.But the most important is you feel confortable,like in your home because the owners are very friendly and gentle.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, UK
Reviewed 7 September 2009

My title says it all really, perfectly located for exploring Florence and great, friendly, family-run service, where nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are just fine for the price, nothing that special, but clean and functional. Can't fault the place. Recommended.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 31 August 2009

The Hotel Privilege owners (Emanuele and Barbara) are incredibly nice and helpful. We felt that they were sincerely concerned about assisting us with any requests or questions, and that made us feel very much at ease. Privilege's location on the Arno River is scenic, as well as convenient for walking to sightseeing attractions. The breakfast buffet is outstanding, with a sumptuous variety of foods, and great coffee. Our bed was comfortable, as was the temperature in the room. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Our only remark about the furnishings is that a few items look dated/worn, and we consider that to be a very minor problem. All things considered, this is a great place to stay at a reasonable cost!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Victoria
Reviewed 13 August 2009

My wife and I were traveling Tuscany during July 2009. We had become accustomed to small rooms, small beds and very small toilets throughout Italy.
The Hotel Privilege (a small Boutique Hotel) had King beds, Large bathrooms, large showers and acceptable sized rooms. The owners Barbara & Emanuel were very accommodating.
Hotel Privilege secure valet parking (20 euro) is well worth the cost. Emanuel even had our rental Fiat washed for us. This was a gesture not a request by us. Incredible.
The Hotel Privilege Tuscany is located on the Arno River walking distance to most everything including a 10 min walk to the Ponte Vecchio bridge.
Hotel Privilege Breakfast was much better than most 3 stars in Italy.
Internet connection is available on request. Not WIFI but plug in. Still, this is much better than every other hotel we stayed in throughout Italy.
Hotel Privilege runs about 85-90 euros.
Will be staying with them again no doubt. Soon I hope!
www.hotelprivilege.it

Steve Cathy
Victoria Canada

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
So California
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Hotel Privilege was the roomiest of all the Italian Hotels we stayed at and had the best breakfast. The breakfast comprised of sooo much stuff: cereal, yogurt, granola, hard boil eggs, ham, salami, tomatoes, grapes, pineapples, watermelon, croissants, bread rolls, etc... They also have delicious coffee, orange juice, etc.

The owners were so nice and helpful too. They provided maps, directions, advice, and even let me know when my mom called the hotel from California. Plus they have free internet!

Their bathroom is interesting. It was the type where there is no tub, or shower stall, but a shower head, shower curtain, drain, toilet, sink, etc all in one. We stayed in Room 107 and it was clean and the AC worked well.

The location is right by the river that leads up to the Ponte Vecchio, so it was always easy to find. However, it was a little far from the center, about 20 minutes. However, it was a nice walk for us and everything else about the hotel made it totally worth staying there. We would stay there again and would recommend others to stay there as well.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple