“Fine”

Ranked #354 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Winchester, Virginia
“Fine”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Good, reasonable hotel. Our room was comfortable with good wi-fi. Breakfast was good but limited. Far from the center of town but we managed just fine with the bus. If you want the free hotel shuttle, ask early since space is very limited. We found the staff to be indifferent.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen W
vensimarco, Direttore generale at Hotel Raffaello Firenze, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Sir

First of all goodmorning from the hotel raffaello.

What i have to say ...simphony for my ears. I really thank you very much for your comment .

We always try to do our best to try to sort out any problems and to make each guest's journey the best of their life.

Sometimes we are able sometimes we are not 100 % but the thing i am sure of is that we always put enthusiasm and dedication in anything we do.

Once again i thank you very much for your support and wish to welcome you again at our hotel

Dott. Marco Vensi
Hotel General Manager
Hotel Raffaello ****
Florence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
kanpur
Reviewed 27 October 2012

on my tour to europe as we were heading towards venice ,in between we to stay at florence.In need to a cosy hotel we choosed Raffaello Hotel of Florence.The way to reach this hotel was lil bit congested but after reaching it we felt so much relax to see the hospitality their.As you reach their Two person of lobby welcome you with offering sweets and chocolate and ecort you to your room.Room there are simple but cool to relax.Toilet are so nice and supplied with everything you need regarding it.A remarkable thing i noted there even a mosquito mat was provided there alongwith multi adopter.They take care of everything.
You can have a good walking street at morning on nearby location consisting pretty good showrooms.
As it is at the centre of ity so city tour become less costly on staying here.

Room Tip: try to book your room in advance to avoid non availability of room
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
vensimarco, Direttore generale at Hotel Raffaello Firenze, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear customer,

There is a great pleasure to receive your comments on our structure and our service.
We are pleased to inform you that the hotel has recently been completely renovated common areas including facades, windows, restaurants, and garden including the new opening of the gym Technogym indoor and WiFi internet service to free.
Best Regards

Dr. Marco Vensi
Hotel Raffaello
Quebec
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed at the Raffaello Hotel in Florence for one night on October 2. Nice big lobby with several dining rooms to accommodate groups for breakfast. It also has a nice outdoor area with tables and chairs.

I have to be honest when we first walked in the room I was a bit disappointed. The room was uninviting. There are metal shutters on the outside of the windows (I guess to keep the heat out during the summer months), they were closed tight which left the room without any natural light and basically in the dark – not very inviting when first walking in the room. The room was very small and very ordinary and basic with two beds. The room was clean but it just did not feel fresh. The air conditioning worked very well. The bathroom is not modern but was ok even though it had peeling paint on the walls. Again, not a very good impression. We could literally hear the people talking in the next room, wow. Free Internet for clients.

Unfortunately it was not the best hotel we stayed in while vacationing in Italy.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear customer,

Best Regards

Dr. Marco Vensi
Hotel Raffaello
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Room was ok. Cleaning was ok.

Breakfast was average. I think because we were part of an excursion, we got a separated breakfast room with very few things to eat. Maybe if you're not with a group you'll get a regular breakfast.

The walls were very thin. You could hear people in the other room talking.

The room above ours used the bathtube and our bathroom got drips that soaked the floor. I informed the front desk just in case, but I didn't ask for a room change. Didn't want to seem high maintenance. Just used a towel to keep it dry.

Although it was far from the city center, there was a bus that stop right in front of the hotel.

A very good thing was the wi-fi. Fast and it work very well during our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Priscilla_M_Anjos
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Rooms appeared clean, however 3 people on our tour complained of bites and 4 people displayed respiratory allergies for the duration of the stay. These symptoms disapppeared a few hours after we left the hotel. Very difficult to have a shower without saturating the carpet. Breakfast scrambled eggs and coffee were cold. The breakfast wait staff were unhelpful and would not provide hot water to make a cup of tea. The provided water was lukewarm!!! Night wait staff were ok. Night meals were a bit ordinary however the pasta entree was lovely. The dessert on the second night was served in the disposable plastic container. Laundry service is VERY expensive. Reception staff were okay - just

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

This hotel was so bad I felt compelled to write a review.
We stayed here for 2 nights on a Carrani Tour. The hotel is not 4-star according to US standards. The bed was like cement, A/C didn't work and they would start taking away the breakfast food 30 minutes before the end time.
Part of our package included a set menu, the first night you couldn't tell what the meat on the plate was, so I didn't eat it. Service was awful as they had 2 servers for the entire restaurant. I had to go into the kitchen and ask for water. The second night, they served frozen breaded chicken which I only know because I had to ask what it was. It was disgusting and I didn't eat it. They served dessert in plastic disposable cups right from the freezer. McDonalds would have been better.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Molly L

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

David, Panama
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Just left hotel Raffaello yesterday....... and not a moment too soon. Insulting would be a good single word to describe the place......... and I can also see how many people would think the place is OK............ mostly because they are vacationing and just don't want to think negatively, and just move on to better moments immediately (and because they may have thought they were having allergy attacks to pollen or something else).

But this place is so bad I had to tell you about it.

I sat on the carpet for about 10 minutes the first night using my laptop so the light would not bother my family. I started sneezing uncontrollably, nose clogged up, throat became sore from all the hard sneezing, and my eyes itched and became swollen from my need to rub them. What is it due to, it is bed bugs (actually their fine droppings) in the carpeting! Over two days this started every time I leaned down like to tie my shoes, so my head was lower than the bed, and in general the eyes itched and sneezing continued until I left the hotel).

I went down in the morning to talk to the management about it, and asked if they could send up a carpet washing machine, something that would extract the droppings and really clean up, but they said they could only send up a vacuum............ which I declined because then, the droppings are put into the air for up to 24 hours......... and they said they had never ever shampood the carpets........... well, duhhhh......... it shows!!!!!!!

On the bus this morning, the lady sitting in front of me had three large red circles on her arms, they were bites she sustained last night in bed............

The restaurant was crazy to match........ dinner started late with only two servers for about 50 people, running around in no particular sequence, short tempered and no cortesy, dishing out spoons fulls of pasta noodles and a thin spaghetti sauce........... only! No drinks, no bread, no nothing but this pasta, and when I finally got the guy to stop at my table trying to get drinks, he kept asking if I wanted more pasta! Then the drinks came, an unbelievable thin can of Coca Cola, like it had been put in a dryer and it shrank! About half the size of a normal can of Coke....... and a tiny wine glass of orange juice (not real) and when I got the bil just for the two drinks, it was $6.50 Euros! That is around $8.50! Whoi can afford that and it was only enough to wet our shistles so to speak. But the biggest trick was when the second course came finally, it was this dried out think chicken pieces, overly grilled until hard, and these potatoe cubes, fried to the point of being hard as rock candy........... not edible to say the least..... but the salad was the biggest insult, they loaded it with salt!! I mean, everyone agreed while talking about it today on the bus, they all said it was loaded with salt.........

Why would that happen? Because it makes you thirsty of course,............ what a low form of behavior for a hotel to take to get money! It is as I said, at least to me insulting......... and then you want more drinks but the cost is so high you may have to fly home the next day because they took all your money!

To top things off, the heavy set doorman, I didn't get his name, stood by the main entry doors, and I was behind him for awhile as I waited to checkout, and everytime a woman walked by, he eyed her from bottom to top, then down again and up again until she was out of site! Is that the way hired people should act in a hotel???? Not for my money anyway..........

I notice things, and I appreciate and write about it when I get fair service........ and I really show my appreciation for great service.......... but I must also be honest and let some of you know about horrible service and actions.

By the way, I am a 28 year home inspector and house doctor, having solved hundreds of home allegy problems successfully over many years and am considered an expert in the areas I mentioned above....

I got booked into this hotel by my bus tour operator out of Rome, Italy.

I know the company offered and alternative hotel for a much higher price, but most of the group got booked into this hotel. If you find yourself in the same situation, I would strongly recommend you ask for a change immediately.

I hope this review will help at least one other family or person.......

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family