Hotel Raffaello Firenze
Grand Hotel Minerva(Florence)
US$390
US$373
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$445
US$418
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We were with a large tour group and the hotel had many groups. Tiny elevator and was glad I was only on the third floor because I had to take the stairs. Too far from the center city to walk; we paid 11eu for a taxi. Hotel is clean but old Bath tub was very deep but made it difficult to safely get in and take a shower. The tour arranged for dinner there two nights and the food was just average. The breakfast was not as good as other hotels on the tour. On the plus side, one block away was one of the best bakeries in Italy. Staff was friendly

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank bd45whp
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Recently stayed at the Hotel Raffaello in Florence, Italy as a part of a tour package through Carrani. As I entered the property for the two nights that I was booked, there was complete chaos since this particular hotel specializes in tourists that are a part of a package deal. My room was on the third floor and you can tell from the dated carpets and decor that the rooms were probaby going to be of the same era. I opened the door to my room and was completely appauled. Not only was it dated, but the room was still dirty and the bathrooms and bedding were also disgusting.

I immediately complained to my touring company and began the search for a new property to pay for on my own. I went to the front desk to get a wi-fi internet passcode. Unfortunately, I was told that it would be 24 Euros per night. I could use the house computer at 35 cents / minute! Since this was around 8 p.m., finding another property would have been challenging so late in the night. So I elected to stay the night and search for another property the next day.

I went to the dining room for our tours' planned dinner and was completely disappointed. The touring company told us that they have had problems with food in the past at this property and wanted to make sure that things had gotten better since they complained. We were served a risotto, chicken, and desert. All were in the caliber of "prison food". I chose to try everything because I thought it would taste better than it looked. I was wrong. All of the other tourists were unhappy as well. In addition, the service was so bad since there were other tours that ended up in the dining room at the same time and the kitchen/wait staff were having difficulties with the volume of people. Breakfast the next morning was okay. They served eggs, ham, and some baked goods along with CANNED fruit. Not the best but certainly better than the horrible dinners.

We left the next morning for a vigorous tour schedule of beautiful Florence so my ability to check for other available properties, like a Sheraton not too far away, was not feasible. I ended up staying the two nights and will never return. I, along with the other tourists in my group, complained vigorously. This is NOT a 4-star hotel. It is equivalent to a dated 2-star.

I would never recommend this property to any other traveler.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Kellychoice
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Nice hotel, with (most of the time) griendly service and help

Just do not understand why the big differences in prices: without reservation we payed 120 € per night for a double room, while on the internet, apparently you can book at 70 €

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2009

stayed there last june and it was a decent hotel with nice location. would go def again.
Stelios.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2009

When i saw the hotel i was shocked.The building is rather old so the rooms(i thought i was in a hotel somewhere in the 70s).Everything was old and rusty(clean though).However the stuf was friendly enough and the dinner good enough.The breakfast was poor for a 4 star hotel(really???).Definately not value for money.

• Stayed: July 2009