“BED BUGS!!!”

Conference Florentia Hotel
Ranked #357 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here this past December with Globus Tours. It is dark, run down and smells like stale cigarettes and fresh mildew. The breakfast room is filthy and the food was not fresh. Lines to get coffee out of coffee machines that dispensed like a leaky faucet almost made me late for my bus. Then, there is the room. Old, dark and dirty complete with BED BUGS! I dozed off in one of the uncomfortable beds and awoke to find 2 bed bugs crawling on me. I was horrified. Called the desk. They acted like this was no big deal. Sorry, but in my world, this is a very big deal. They sent someone up who didn't speak or understand a word of English who stood there and watched me trying to collect my things as fast as I could and trying to make sure that I wasn't taking any bed bugs with me. He moved me to another room. This experience ruined my entire time in Florence. This place is in no way a four star hotel even by European standards. It should be closed down by the heatlth department.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Robin G

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel was a real disappointment. It was part of a Trafalgar Tour and last minute change. The room was smoky, WiFi was 12 euros per day, a group meal for the tour group was the worst in Italy. The hotel is far from Florence or anything else so not for the tourist. Lost time for sight-seeing and no possibility of walking to anything interesting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Reg J
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel and it was shocking that a Sheraton could be this bad. It smelled of smoke in most of the rooms that our group stayed in, kept having to change rooms. They smoke in all areas of the hotel. Ashtrays in hallways, (smoking was permitted) even at the entrance of elevators. The place needs a complete overhaul. Very, Very disappointing and put a bad taste in our mouth for Florence. Not at all accommodating, could not reach operators for service. Wow!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is situated a 20 min drive outside Firenze close to the highway. I never experienced any noise from the traffic so it was no problem to sleep.

The hotels needs to have an makeover because it looks old and tired. The breakfast was ok. It had just a minimum of selections too choose from.

If i go to Firenze some other time I will not stay at this hotel, but at newer and closer to the city centrum.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Just next to the exit of highway, which is good if driving; don't take it without driving, not close to the attractions at all - about 30mins of driving to town. Room is EXTREMELY OLD. POOR SERVICE no greetings at all when check in or out. And hotel is NOT part of Sheraton anymore!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chak M
Reviewed 8 October 2013

-rude staff from counter to housekeeping. -contacted housekeeping for a kettle as we needed to boil water to make milk for my child, and they provided a broken kettle. Informed the kettle is broken, they didnt have anything and told us will send boiled water. person who brought the water banged the door hard, that my wife was scared to open, she told them to leave it at the door. -since then, everytime we called housekeeping for hot water, the treatment/response was just awful. -didn't put a special note on bookings.com that the free shuttle they provide is at limited times only for that week. -otherwise cost you 25 euros from Florence city centre to the hotel. -beautiful pool..NOT -clean room...NOT -smiling/accomodating staff..NOT

Room Tip: no tip, just dont stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We loved the hotel. Let me list down the pros and cons:
Pros:
1. We loved the location just outside Florence. It's in a rural setting with several vineyards nearby and on the way to the famous wine growing Chianti region.
2. Staff is very helpful. We were upgraded to a suite when we told them its our honeymoon and they took special care of us at no additional cost
3. Free shuttle bus to the centre of Florence and back.
4. Reasonable priced and high value for money

Cons:
1. It's a slightly older property. Hence, the rooms don't have a very luxurious feel
2. Slightly out of Florence. So you may have to end up taking a taxi often