“Sheraton Firenze only for car drivers”

Conference Florentia Hotel
Ranked #357 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Guests,

I really do not recomend this hotel at all. It is far away from Airport ( taxi $0 euro without traffic jam). Also from city center but there is a shuttle bus ( I do not know about it existence before going to hotel by taxi, I discover it at hotel. But the hours of trip are not flexible and are not often - really very rear.
Comparing to Hilton Florence metropole which is also outside the city the comunication is far from city center.

My opinion is negative because I do not like the clean level.
The rooms seems to ffeel quite old, unrestaurated. The bathroom is very small to small sqm to put bath, bidet & wc - better not to put all in toilet. When sitting on wc You do not have a space to sit frontally!

I receive the room with broken window - not full possibility of closing. When I call reception they do not change my room ( not fully bokked hotel) but send a technican for repair it. It takes 10 minutes but I can hear the cars still.

This hotel is good located for people going by own car. That's only plus!

The reception staff - it takes a while for make the invoice. not so kind. There was no hotel Boy while checking-in but when checking-out there was 3 of them fighting for luggage.

The room service and food quality was good. I do not saw the sens egoing so far to city center by shuttle bus while there was football mach on tv.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank ksiazemati

Reviewed 22 June 2010

The hotel visit was done for a conference and exhibition. The hotel staff people were open for problems and found solutions. The people behind the desk were sometimes a bit slow but a respond was always coming.
WiFi is expensive (20.- Euros/day) and slow. Printing was not working with the business access, behind the reception desk they could help you out without buying the access.

Functionalities for the exhibition were good. Hotel was not easy to reach, and it is in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2010

When our agency gave us the offer for Sheraton Firenze Hotel, we asked them: are you sure it is Sheraton? It seemed too good to be true. So we got this great rate for our stay there and we appreciated what we got for the money we paid. If we were supposed to pay more than that for this hotel, we would probably go with something closer to the center. It was our first time in Firenze and we didnt want to take a risk with other no-name hotels, and also, we didnt really have any idea for the city. The hotel was really ok, the staff was ok, their english not so perfect, but they were willing to give us the basic info we needed. The rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel is a bit worn out Sheraton, it is obvious that is it agind without all the needed renovations meanwhile. Beware if you get continental or buffer breakfast included to your offer because it's a bit unconvenient on spot: there is one single place for breakfast and one table where all foods are displayed and there is this Italian lady from the restorant which actually reminds each guests what he/she is allowed and what he/she is not allowed to eat :) There is a shuttle bus free of charge organized from the hotel which goes to and back from the centre around 8-10 times per day. You can get the schedule on the reception. The ride is around 15 minutes and they are really timely and ok. We traveled by car to Firenze and we were thinking to be able to use the car around the city, therefor we didnt mind if the hotel is far from the centre. But when we arrived there we found out that cars are not allowed at all to enter the central area of the city + in Italy parkings are very expensive, so maybe it is always better option to rent hotel closer to the centre, both to reduce transport issues and also to be able to feel better the general spirit of the city.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank batakoja
Reviewed 28 December 2009

This hotel is complete garbage. It's like the Shining. The staff is so rude and makes you feel very inconvenienced by asking them for anything. And they smell bad and the food is garbage. And the bedspreads- don't even ask. NEVER EVER stay at this hotel.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank AmirahM
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We stayed with this hotel through a Globus tour that was designed for families (meaning that all hotels had swimming pools) and being a bus tour, it tended towards more major chain-oriented hotels. Because of check-ins, etc. were taken care of by the tour director, I cannot reflect on that experience.

The rooms were fine, although the decor is tired and could use some updating. My biggest beef with our room was the old-fashioned hair dryer which was falling apart in my hands.

Our big day touring Florence was a very hot one - we saw some majors sites, had lunch in Florence, toured a little more, then returned to the hotel mid-afternoon. It was a steamy hot day! We were so relieved to get to that pool. The highlight of our stay was the use of the pool - the kids had a great time there.

Since the night before we ate at a lovely pizzeria in city centre Florence (coming out of that restaurant was unforgettable - we were right in the midst of the crowd watching the fireworks for San Giovanni), we decided to stay at the hotel, since the restaurant looked good, and it was. The sunset and the scenery was lovely from the hotel. It was very peaceful and we needed that after a hot day of touring.

I really cannot fault this hotel for a lot. It served our needs quite well. I probably would not have chosen it on my own - it is a business hotel and I stay in enough of those when I travel for work. If you are looking for Italian charm or atmosphere, you are probably better off looking elsewhere. But it worked for us on this occasion - I would only recommend it to a friend if they were going under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We had booked three nights at this 'four star' property and checked out after the first night! Is it possible this hotel has fallen off the radar of Sheraton hotels? In my opinion it is so dated and the ammentities are so sad that I am surprised it can even stay in business. We were likely one of a dozen other rooms occupied at the hotel in prime season - guess others had known more about this place and stayed away. The only highlight for us was the complimentary shuttle into Florence. We found the Sheraton name, the four stars, & their hotel advertisement so misleading!! The tennis court was unusable with nearly three feet of uncut grass surrounding it and the landscaping well...I am doubtful they own a lawnmower. I took pictures to send to Sheraton as we were in shock that this was actually a Sheraton property. I forwarded the pictures (see attached) of the unusable tennis court and landscape to Sheraton and all I received was a form style 'sorry you were disappointed we will notify the hotel manager' reply. Wow have things changed...I remember the days when I believed Sheraton to be high end. What happened?

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank disappointed2themax
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Average room with old styled furniture with cheap branded toiletries.. Kind of the Hotel to offer a necessaire kit for mens and ladies.
More lighting should be needed..Fantastic for a nap after driving for hours..

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple