“It is a 3 star afterall”

Hotel Kursaal Ausonia
Ranked #131 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Singapore, Singapore
“It is a 3 star afterall”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Location - Great, close to Firenze SM (the main train station)
Service - friendly, helpful
Bathroom - there was a smell, but was spacious
Room - there was a dank wet smell, and we had to open the windows with the air-conditioner turned on, to let out the smell. It worked for a bit, and had to do it every night. Room was big enough and clean enough for two.
Wifi- free
Laundry - available and affordable

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harris J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am writing this review from hotel's wi fi which is by the name of ausonia1 . Me n my family arrived here yesterday afternoon n we stayed at room no 9. Which is supposed to be a safe family room. Last night after dinner I came to my room lock my room from inside little bit family talks n than after I counted my money spare some from today and rest 3300 euros n 1200 us I kept in my money bag n we all went to sleep. I n the morning when I woke up found my money bag open n all money is disappear . And most important my room is still lock from inside. I ask the management firstly they say if u have that much money u should keep that in our safe not in ur safety . Finally I went to legione carabinieri Toscana by self to report in police no one helped me from hotel staff. I have police report copy if any wanna see my name is ravindra Singh parihar add k-47,48 hi mat nagar Tonkin road Jaipur Rajasthan India and mob no +919829013421 I advice every one to be aware

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank 543Ravindras
paola a, Owner at Hotel Kursaal Ausonia, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear guest,
I really wonder how you can say that the hotel has stolen you the money. You said that you had locked the room from the inside (and in your room there were 4 people sleeping, including you).
Everything is possible BUT it seems rather strange that our night porter takes the risk of entering your room (locked from inside) with 4 people inside to steal your money.

It seems also strange that this thief enters your room and takes your money bag ONLY and no other valuables.

I also wonder :
if you had all this cash on you (euro 3300 in this credit card's world is an enormous amount of money) why didn't you leave it in the room safe or give it to the reception?

Why should we steal our guests? Our job is based on our reputation
And why should you make up such a story?
Perhaps because sometimes it is easier to put the blame on somebody else rather than think that if you had acted differently (put the money in the safe for example) perhaps this would have not passed

How can you say that it was us, seeing that neither you nor the other 3 people with you could hear nor see anybody entering your room?

The police report you did at the carabinieri is not against us but against "not known person", seeing that you have no proof of what you say.
Writing this on tripadvisor is very unfair.
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights June 15-18th 2014. Location is very good, being close to the station and the city centre. First impressions are a little off- putting as the entrance is via a rather dingy looking staircase which was not helped by bags of rubbish on the landings. However once inside the hotel is clean and welcoming, rooms are of a reasonable size, spotless and the bathrooms more than adequate. Only problem was with our room safe which did not shut and could not be fixed at the time. The breakfast buffet was quite good although no fruit available. We went on the free 2 hour guided tour with Paola which was extremely interesting and she later proved very helpful in recommending places/shops to visit. For what we paid we felt the value was exceptional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank corinne d
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband, sister and two daughters travelled to Florence and stayed three days at hotel. The place is neat and comfortable. Ideal for bed and breakfast. Close to the historic places you can get everything walking. Staff is very kind and helpful, they helped us with museum tickets.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank grodasvergara
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel Kursaal is a short walk from the train station and in the heart of the main area. A few minutes from the outdoor and indoor market area.
Best thing about the hotel is they offered a free 2 hour tour with Paola Angelini (tour guide). She was absolutely wonderful, her knowledge was excellent. Along with the factual she told stories that made the information memorable.
Hotel was always friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit thin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for a night on our honeymoon on the way back to from Rome to Salzburg.
The location near the train station and many sights is perfect. Florence is not as big, you can walk to all the major sights. Cabs are sometimes hard to get and also expensive because of the many one way streets and restricted traffic areas.
The bathrooms at the Hotel Ausonia looked recently remodeled and very clean. The mattresses on the other side were like 3 inches thick and not comfortable at all (more like you would expect it at a hostel). The front desk staff was friendly and always available, breakfast was ok. Free Wifi available.

Room Tip: Room 23 was ok, new bathroom, old bedding.