“Very informative and flexible tour”

Freya's Florence Tours
Ranked #19 of 330 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Freya Middleton is a private tour guide of Florence with ten years of experience. Renaissance Art History undergraduate and postgraduate degrees provide the solid foundation for her knowledge of the monuments and sites, and this, mixed with abundant enthusiasm, humour and a genuine love for Italy make Freya's Florence tours a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Specialising in all ages and covering artistic, historical and gastronomic interests. Full and half day options.
Manila, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very informative and flexible tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our tour guide was Sara, she was really very informative and would adjust to other attractions we requested. We wanted to go to santa croce instead of the other sites so we went instead. And she extended us for a bit with a minimum additional so we wouldn't be rushing to the other sites.

Very helpful and flexible and good rate.

Visited August 2014

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Orientation to Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked a tour with Freya's Florence Private Tours on August 4, our 1st evening in Florence to become familiar with the highlights. Sashia was our tour guide and she was wonderful! She provided a great overview of Florence so that we could plan the rest of our week, and gave us several recommendations for restaurants and sites that we took advantage of . Thank you, Sashia and Freya!

Visited August 2014
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Freya shares her Florence.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

In July this year my husband and I led a group of ten people on a two week tour of Tuscany, starting in Florence. Freya was our guide for two days and it was a fantastic and memorable start to the trip. To be in the Uffizi with Freya showing us a selection of the wonderful collection, sharing her incredible knowledge and insight into what we were looking at is, without doubt, the best way to tackle what can be an overwhelming experience. She was so thoughtful and aware that we never experienced “overload “ and so were able to retrain what she told us about the treasures we saw. The next day was a Medici themed one; Freya made the times and personalities of this extraordinary family vivid and fascinating-probably the highlight was seeing the Gozzoli’s Journey of The Magi frescoes in the Palazzo Medici Riccardi. It’s like being inside a jewel-box to stand, surrounded on all sides by this masterpiece. But as well as art, Freya took us to watch the Florentine marbled paper being made, to wonderful restaurants, including a family run one at Fiesole where we ate peppery, aromatic Brickmakers Beef with polenta and watched the sun set over Florence. Freya can tell you, amongst other things, where to buy the most elegant sunglasses, the best earrings and anything else your heart desires. Walk into a restaurant, a shop or a gallery with Freya and she is greeted with delight – her engaging personality, her enthusiasm and her energy are amazing. If you are lucky enough to have Freya showing you her Florence, you won’t want you time there to come to an end . We are already planning our next trip. More please and thank you Freya !

Visited July 2014
“Freya was meant for Florence .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our group of 12 had the pleasure of seeing the best of Florence with Freya as our guide .
I'll be brief . Freya IS Florence . Florence pours out of every inch of Freya's soul and body. To say that she is lively, animated and passionate when the subject is Florence is an understatement. I believe that with her enthusiasm she is capable of making Florence an enjoyable experience even for the most jaded traveler . If you are planning to see Florence, Freya will amaze you.

Scarsdale, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Loved our tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a fabulous time with Freya. She was amazing and we adored her. Everything was so well organized and she was able to make the tour fit the needs for myself my mother and my 12 year old daughter. She brought history alive and had a sweet demeanor. She was very responsive to "not just another museum tour". This tour was a highlight for my family. I was on a cruise and I took the transfer from the cruise to Florence. It was very easy meeting Freya. I recommend doing a tour with Freya over the typical shore excursion. Just wish I could spend more time with Freya. I guess I will have to come back.

3 Thank carenbf