“Amazing”

and up
Private Tour: Fashion and Perfumes Tour in Florence
Ranked #27 of 442 things to do in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominican monastery that serves as a distinguished monument to the religious and artistic history of Florence, which features valuable examples of Florentine paintings from the 14th and 15th centuries..
Beirut, Lebanon
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing facade for this beautifull church. We couldnt find it at first its only after our 3rd try that we realised the entrance was reached through a small pedestrian street. The part facing the train station was only the back of it. Not to be missed. Read its history first to better appreciate it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
PA
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Beautiful architecture, beautiful church/museum”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I loved the arcitecture on the outside. The inside was awesome also. Half church, half museum. I didn't know anything about the church but I felt the push to go inside...I'm glad I did.

Visited September 2013
Cleveland
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Lots of reasons to stop in”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visited here some years ago and thought it was OK. Re-visited recently and liked it a lot. The church is very attractive outside and has good artwork inside, including the seminal Trinity painting that pioneered the use of perspective. We also toured the areas below the church which were themselves very interesting--there are hundreds of once prominent Florentines buried below. This deserves to be on your list in Florence for all these reasons.

Millbrook, AL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“"The Holy Trinity"”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

While one of many beautiful churches in Florence, the main reason we stopped by was to see the "The Holy Trinity" by Masaccio. My wife and mother are both lovers of art history, so this stop was very important to them. The beautiful, deeply spiritual, Christ glorifying fresco makes this church an important stop in Florence.

1 Thank Joseph_L_Pearman
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Place to stop on the way to train.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I only decided to walk in when I realized I had arrived too early for my train. It is large, with lots of components attached to the church and some ornate art inside. It was a good place to spend 30 - 60 min, but nothing I would go out of my way for. To be fair, not many churches measured up after I visited Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.