“A Medici way of life!”

Ranked #25 of 659 things to do in Florence
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A complex of art museums housing some of the most celebrated treasures in the city..
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I bought the ticket to go to all parts of the palace, including the gardens. I was more tan two hours, because there are many exhibitions and rooms. It was a great experience, but an audiobook is totally necessary to understand.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,607)
All reviews
in 117 reviews
"porcelain"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2014

we started our walking tour in our 1 day stay in florence form our hotel and ended it to piti palace. ufortunately we hadnt had enough time to visit inside of this seemingly beautiful palace, but could only enjoy the outer part.it was spacious with long walls and a big space that alot of people sat there and relaxing. we seated there as well and took some rest. i liked this big space which was unique in it's kind. moreover i liked the brick arch-shape above all the windows that this has added a beauty to the whole buiding.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This place is a gem. I had a day by myself and the owner of the hostel I was staying at recommended that I visit the gardens attached to Pitti Palace. I expected to spend an hour or two walking around them. I ended up spending three and a half hours... With good reason. The gardens were so expansive that it felt like you were one of the only people there. I walked all the way to the top of the gardens and into Forte de Belvedere and had incredible views of Florence and the country side. There was an art exhibit on display at the time of my visit and it was worth the extra 5 euro to see it. When back in the garden I'd recommend trying some of the less used trails... I found some amazing little hideaways. If you're looking for a break from the hustle and bustle of Florence then come spend and morning or afternoon here!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was surprised how uncrowded this palace was. We walked right in with the Firenze Pass. The outside is a little austere, but once you are inside - wow! Interesting to see how the Medicis lived (quite well!) And the gardens are beautiful!

1  Thank twojds