“Too expensive”
Review of Bar Perseo s.r.l.

Bar Perseo s.r.l.
Ranked #50 of 95 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

It was an enjoyable place to sit for a morning tea. However, the prices are very high due to the location. I would rather duck down a side street and pay half the price. I cant justify paying 40 euros for two teas, two orange juices and two croissants.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Light lunch here, Anti Pasta, Olives and Chocolate Ice Cream, all good. Great location to watch the world go by. A bit pricey yes, but you get what you pay for!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Once a year I rent upstairs of this restaurant for a month. They charge what thy want for a Cappucino. 5.50 Euro's is ridiculous. The Rivore does not charge that amount. They take advantage of the tourist. Shameless, arrogant and making a poor name for Bella Firenza.

2  Thank fortemaine
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Food was great, coffee perfect, location awesome.

Service was great as well. Thank you for the breakfast!

We went there for breakfast and we enjoyed our stay as long as we discovered that the bill is almost twice higher than expected. They somehow forgot to mention that each dish eaten at the table is almost twice as much as for take away. This was our fist day so we were not accustomed to this habit. Mark two prices on the tag and I will say that you are perfect.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I don't drink coffee or tea, so I judge places based on their hot chocolate. This is often a good basis since there are always 5-10 coffees available but usually only 1 hot chocolate. Bar Perseo's chocolate was great. It had a deep, rich texture, dark and flavourful, which is just how a like it. It was certainly the best hot chocolate I had in Florence and one of the best I have ever had.

The only reason why I haven't given them 5 stars is that at €5.50 it was not cheap. Still I guess you get what you pay for.

In the evening we had some of their ice-cream which was also superb, but again not cheap. It won't surprise you to learn that I had their dark chocolate flavour with the house special (can't remember the name, but yummy). The portion was the smallest pot I think I have ever seen, but wow it tasted good. Still having just come from a sandwich at Il Prosciutteria, I really didn't need anymore food at all.