“Outstanding Day in the Chianti Region”

Tours in Tuscany - Private Tours
Ranked #43 of 372 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany in the Heart and Soul of Italy Florence-based tour service company fully Licensed, offering car services for short and long-term excursions throughout Tuscany and Florence walking guided tours. Our aim is to help our clients discover and experience the true sights, sounds and flavors in the "off-the- beaten-path-Tuscany" and often combine cultural venues with local wine and food stops. Our professional and courteous staff of locals, fluent in English, posses a profound knowledge of the area and its offerings. Visitors never "leave" Tuscany. Most choose to vacation and visit this region year after year. We, at "Tours in Tuscany", hope to introduce this enchanting region to new visitors as well as show those who are returning to Tuscany, new places and taste new flavours... of "Our Tuscany"
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was traveling in Italy and France for two weeks with my my mother and sisters. We went on a wine tour in the Chianti region with Marco. This excursion definitely topped the list of our best experiences while traveling! Marco is fantastic! He is knowledgeable about the region and very professional. If you are in the Florence area and want to have a fantastic experience with a professional company, I would recommend using Tours in Tuscany! We were still talking about how wonderful it was days after. Thanks, Marco!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"great sense of humor"
"italy trip"

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was in Florence for a week with my family and, after several days of trekking the city, we wanted to get out. Very last minute (Friday evening, hoping for a tour sometime by Monday), I reached out to a few day-tour companies, including Tours in Tuscany. Of the small number that responded with availability, Tours in Tuscany was the most accommodating and received the highest ratings on Tripadvisor. Marco Stivoli, the owner, was able to arrange 2 day trips for us out of the subsequent 3 days. The first day we went to Pienza and Montepulciano with one of the other Marcos. The second day Marco Stivoli took us to Siena, Monteriggioni, and San Gimignano. I cannot say enough about how wonderful both of these experiences were. The towns alone would have been great, but the Marcos made the trips exceptional. Both are extremely personable and were a pleasure to spend the day with. They are both incredibly knowledgeable about Florence and Tuscany. For the time you have, they will give you as in-depth an education in the area as you desire. They make a day trip to a destination high yield, letting you know what the must-see sights are, as well as pointing you to some great experiences that may not be on every traveler's list. Their restaurant recommendations were flawless, both within the small destination towns and within Florence. The accommodations were so comfortable (Mercedes vans) my wife fell asleep on the way back on day 1. On both return trips, the Marcos inquired about what we'd done in Florence and recommended sites we should still try to fit in in the limited time we had left. The whole family absolutely loved both trips. I will gladly recommend Tours in Tuscany without reservation to anyone I know that may be visiting the area. And should we come back, I will certainly be calling them again. Grazie mille Marco(s)!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I were picked up in Florence by Marco and we had a wonderful trip to Tuscany.
Marco's love of Italy is matched by his knowledge of the region. Our trip was delightful. He offered wonderful suggestions of places to visit which assured us a successful journey.
We were in great hands that day!

1  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have had the pleasure of spending many days over many years in the company of Marco Stivoli.....he is a highly professional and caring person.....with an enormous amount of expertise..... he is very proud of his city and his country and makes every effort to give his customers the best possible experience.....from wonderful suggestions on places to visit....to authentic and delicious restaurants to enjoy... to a tip on another art treasure to see.....whether you choose to spend a day at a Tuscan winery tasting wines and having a delicious lunch or visiting the countryside with stops at beautiful hilltowns.......Marco and Francesco of Tours in Tuscany are simply the best ! This past April...my niece and I visited Florence and spent three days with Marco and Francesco... on the last day of our trip .... and because I have family roots in the Barga area...I had asked Marco to take us to a place in the Garfagnana region that I hadn't visited before...he suggested a day in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana...a picture-book village in the Serchio Valley..... a beautiful part of Italy.....we so enjoyed seeing the village....with it's 12th Century fortress...... and had the most incredible lunch at a restaurant Marco suggested..... it was a day and a trip we still talk about and just writing this makes me want to go back again very soon.....Marco always makes our trips to Florence very special.......I give the highest of recommendations to Marco and Francesco of Tours in Tuscany.

2  Thank JMitchell_11
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was traveling in Italy for two weeks and after two days in Florence, we wanted to get out into the countryside and see more of the Tuscany region before leaving for Rome. Upon reviewing the posts on TripAdvisor, I felt comfortable reaching out to Marco to see if he could accommodate a tour. Unfortunately, I was doing this at 6:30 PM on a Friday night, looking for a tour on Saturday. To my surprise, Marco immediately responded to my e-mail and was able to accommodate us on very short notice!

We were met in our hotel lobby at 9AM on Saturday by our driver, Fabrizio. I can not say enough about what a great guy Fabrizio is and how enjoyable our day with him was. At Marco's suggestion, we wanted to see San Gimignano and Siena and hopefully do some wine tasting along the way. Fabrizio drove us (in his incredibly clean, and very comfortable Mercedes van) to Siena where we were surprised to find the Mille Miglia going through town, which was very unexpected and very cool to witness a 100+ Ferraris meandering through the main square and narrow roads. From there, Fabrizio suggested some different options for wine tasting and we ended up at a fantastic family winery where we had a great lunch and a lot of delicious wine! Along the way, we took a short detour to Monteriggioni as we had some time before our scheduled stop at the winery.

After the winery, we finished up our day with a nice visit to San Gimignano. It was a long day but having a private driver who could offer us insight into the sights that we were seeing and work with us to design our trip for the day was wonderful. I can honestly say this day was one of, if not, the, highlight of two weeks in Italy. Fabrizio was incredibly thoughtful and pleasant to be around, it was like having an old friend with us for the day.

I wholeheartedly recommend Tours in Tuscany - the experiences we had during our day trip were well worth the money spent. I will surely reach out to Marco on future trips to the Tuscan region.

1  Thank J_Nicks