“Outstanding Tuscany Tours!!!”

Tours in Tuscany - Private Tours
Ranked #48 of 359 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany in the Heart and Soul of Italy Florence-based tour service company fully Licensed, offering car services for short and long-term excursions throughout Tuscany and Florence walking guided tours. Our aim is to help our clients discover and experience the true sights, sounds and flavors in the "off-the- beaten-path-Tuscany" and often combine cultural venues with local wine and food stops. Our professional and courteous staff of locals, fluent in English, posses a profound knowledge of the area and its offerings. Visitors never "leave" Tuscany. Most choose to vacation and visit this region year after year. We, at "Tours in Tuscany", hope to introduce this enchanting region to new visitors as well as show those who are returning to Tuscany, new places and taste new flavours... of "Our Tuscany"
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Tours in Tuscany

I worked with Marco to plan transportation and guided day trips during my trip to Italy in July 2014. We were a family of 6 - my husband and I and our four adult children. Marco was VERY helpful during the planning process. He returned phone calls and emails promptly, speaks English perfectly, and was happy to accommodate all of our requests. He was very knowledgable about the area and suggested great itineraries for our day trips. He never tried to sell us anything we didn't need. For example, for the smaller Tuscan hill towns (e.g. Pienza, Montalcino) he assured us that our driver was knowledgeable enough to show us around and did not suggest that we pay for a private tour guide. In the bigger towns (Siena and Lucca) Marco arranged for private tours with GREAT guides. He arranged two private tours of Tuscan wineries, one with a private lunch.

We ended up scheduling 5 days of events with Tours in Tuscany. Our WONDERFUL driver for the week was Francesco. He drove us in a very spacious and comfortable Mercedes van. He picked us up at the airport at the airport in Rome and drove us to our hotel in Florence with a short stop for lunch in Orvieto. He also drove us on 4 day trips - to Pisa and Lucca near Florence, and to wineries and towns in Tuscany. Francesco became like part of the family!! He was flexible when we decided to change some plans, was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions, and was a pleasure to spend the day with.

As a side note, I compared the price of my itinerary with another tour company's, and Marco's rates were more reasonable.

I love exploring Europe, and have used private tour guides in several countries. Tours in Tuscany is among the best I've used. I highly recommend them!

1  Thank Barbara B

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family enjoyed an all day walking tour of Florence and a day trip to Pisa and Lucca with Tours in Tuscany. Our walking tour included the Uffizi and the Accademia. Elizabetta, an art historian, brought the art of Florence and it's history to life for us. She was also a friendly and interesting person to talk with. Marco was our driver for our day trip, and he was also very friendly and fun. He was very knowledgeable and pointed out the sites we should see in Lucca. He also recommended an excellent restaurant for lunch. I hope to return to Tuscany so that I can take a wine tasting tour with Tours in Tuscany.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was traveling in Italy and France for two weeks with my my mother and sisters. We went on a wine tour in the Chianti region with Marco. This excursion definitely topped the list of our best experiences while traveling! Marco is fantastic! He is knowledgeable about the region and very professional. If you are in the Florence area and want to have a fantastic experience with a professional company, I would recommend using Tours in Tuscany! We were still talking about how wonderful it was days after. Thanks, Marco!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was in Florence for a week with my family and, after several days of trekking the city, we wanted to get out. Very last minute (Friday evening, hoping for a tour sometime by Monday), I reached out to a few day-tour companies, including Tours in Tuscany. Of the small number that responded with availability, Tours in Tuscany was the most accommodating and received the highest ratings on Tripadvisor. Marco Stivoli, the owner, was able to arrange 2 day trips for us out of the subsequent 3 days. The first day we went to Pienza and Montepulciano with one of the other Marcos. The second day Marco Stivoli took us to Siena, Monteriggioni, and San Gimignano. I cannot say enough about how wonderful both of these experiences were. The towns alone would have been great, but the Marcos made the trips exceptional. Both are extremely personable and were a pleasure to spend the day with. They are both incredibly knowledgeable about Florence and Tuscany. For the time you have, they will give you as in-depth an education in the area as you desire. They make a day trip to a destination high yield, letting you know what the must-see sights are, as well as pointing you to some great experiences that may not be on every traveler's list. Their restaurant recommendations were flawless, both within the small destination towns and within Florence. The accommodations were so comfortable (Mercedes vans) my wife fell asleep on the way back on day 1. On both return trips, the Marcos inquired about what we'd done in Florence and recommended sites we should still try to fit in in the limited time we had left. The whole family absolutely loved both trips. I will gladly recommend Tours in Tuscany without reservation to anyone I know that may be visiting the area. And should we come back, I will certainly be calling them again. Grazie mille Marco(s)!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I were picked up in Florence by Marco and we had a wonderful trip to Tuscany.
Marco's love of Italy is matched by his knowledge of the region. Our trip was delightful. He offered wonderful suggestions of places to visit which assured us a successful journey.
We were in great hands that day!

1  Thank Lisa L