“Brings Florence to life”
Review of Florence for You

Florence for You
Ranked #73 of 367 Tours in Florence
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our tour guide Costanza brought the art and culture of Florence to life. She is an unbelievable teacher of the arts in English and helps you understand the significance of the masterpieces. She goes out of her way to make sure you get the greatest experience possible. We saw all of the best things in Florence and ate well. Over outstanding experience and would recommend it to any English speaking traveler.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My parents and I enjoyed a marvellous tour this morning with Laura, our warm and wonderful tourguide. We started with the highlights in Florence's centre before moving to the Uffizi. Laura made the artworks come to life with stories of the artists and the fascinating community in which they worked. Laura thoughtfully accommodated our need for regular sitting-down breaks and engineered a quick exit for us from the Uffizi when my parents' feet had had enough. Thank you Laura!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My second trip to Florence to meet a very special guide. Laura has a passion for the city making her guided tours unforgettable. Her knowledge of art, sculpture and the architects of the Renaissance is outstanding. Yet it is in the warmth of the way that she communicates this love of her subject in excellent English that makes the visit so memorable. I would highly recommend Laura as your guide in Florence. I am already planning my third visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

On Monday, 27 January, our group of 50 persons divided into two groups of 25 each was so privileged to be guided about this incredible and historic city by Marina and Constanza. Despite the pouring rain and the cold temperatures, they shared their incredible knowledge with warmth, enthusiasm and vigor. They did not let the conditions deter them nor did they once show any impatience or discomfort despite the dismal weather. We were charged a nominal fee of 2 Euro each for the use of headsets so that we could hear what they were sharing without interference, and that was more than worth it!
I have visited Florence many, many times, and I went along initially as the group leader just to keep things in order, although I am always open to the fact that there is something new to learn no matter how much one thinks one knows. I was thrilled when immediately upon beginning the tour I learned something new, and I continued to be educated with new facts and glimpses into new places throughout the tour.
Upon completion of the tour, the restaurant recommendation they gave us for lunch was excellent as well! Grazie mille, Marina and "Connie" for everything! I give Florence for You Private Tours the highest marks!!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had meant to write this sooner. Every time I thought about our stay at Florence in late September last year, I thought about how much we enjoyed our private tour with Ismael. My husband and I had tried to tour the Academy on our own the day before--it was a very unpleasant experience due to the crowds of tourists and the lack of air inside. Although our guided tour with Ismael was half a day, he was flexible and customized our tour to our tastes and schedule. We got so much out of the tour without feeling overwhelmed. At the end of the tour, Ismael took the time to walk us to a hat shop. After my husband did his shopping, Ismael joined us for coffee at a local cafe. We learned a lot chatting with him. We had other guided tours with other companies but Ismael stood out as the best.