“Great Tour in Florence with Angelo”

Tour of Florence - Tours
Ranked #232 of 344 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour of Florence offers private and small group tours of Florence and Tuscany. Visit the Uffizi Gallery, the Pitti Palace, the Accademia, the Old Palace, Michelangelo's masterpieces with our excellent guides.
Marina del Rey, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Tour in Florence with Angelo”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I booked two morning tours of Florence with Angelo Alterio. We had a wonderful time. We booked three hours each morning. He structured the tours so that we really saw a lot and learned many things about the history, art and culture in Florence. He was intelligent, knowledgeable, friendly, funny and helpful. He recommended two restaurants for dinner where we ate two of the best meals we had in our 62 day visit to Italy. He also suggested places for us to buy clothes for my husband when our tour was finished. If Angelo is available while you are in Florence, I would say ,"Book Him!"

Tulsa, Oklahoma
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing tour”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We booked online with Angelo for a full day in Florence. With engineers in the family we wanted to see as much Da Vinci as possible. With 2 teenagers, we wanted to keep it interesting. Angelo hit the nail of the head. He responded promptly to emails and answered all my questions in perfect English.
The walking tour was incredible, we had already wandered around by ourselves but he managed to show us a different side of Florence. He brilliantly combined history, archeology and architecture all in a personable and humorous manner. His English was excellent. My two teenage sons thought he was "cool" and we all found him to be courteous, knowledgable and very personable.
We would highly recommend Angelo and would love to come back to Florence for another day tour with him.

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic, knowledgeable and passionate guide”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We received an enthusiastic recommendation for guide Angelo Alterio from our niece and her husband, who had hired him two years ago.

We were delighted with his services. Rather than rushing us through several hundred paintings and statues, he took the effort to hand-select meaningful pieces that told a story about the evolution of art in Florence, about the symbolism and metaphors contained in art pieces, often about the human struggle against tyranny and injustice.

His monologue on the statue of David alone taught us so much about Michelangelo as an artist, about the culture and politics of the time, and how a master artist works to create something so beautiful. My family was very moved by Angelo's description of the David, moving my wife to tears.

Angelo was also very open to trivia questions, and was flexible when we asked for a cappuccino break part way through the tour.

I enjoyed his services enough that I have added him as a Facebook friend so that we could stay in contact (which he has done since our trip).

I do hope you'll hire Angelo, without reservation or regret, for your upcoming tour.

Rye Brook, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best in Business!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

If you are looking for the best guide in Florence his name is Angelo. My wife and I spent the afternoon with him earlier this week. He took us to the Accademia and Uffizi Gallery. Besides seemingly knowing everyone who works at the museums (which definitely can come in handy) he entertained us with his wit and seemingly endless knowledge of facts about the various works of art we saw. Highly recommend him.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank DavidCPA516
Granada, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Tour! Angelo Alterio”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I was on a group tour which lasted about 3hours. I'd been to Florence before but never had a tour. Angelo was great, he kept us laughing the whole way round. Best tour i've been on. Thank you Angelo!

Visited March 2013