The location is central, only a few minutes walking from the train station. Florence is a small city, so having a central hotel makes sure you will never step into a bus.
The price is very good, around the average of the other hotels I've seen, but this one is more central and with better accommodations.
The room was quite big (I asked for a 4 people room) and was not disappointed. I got the corner room (very close to the WiFi hotspot!). The room service seems to come daily - or I was just lucky that I stood two days and between them was the room service day (it was a Friday, btw).
Also, worth to highlight the awesome shower! The bathroom also has hair drier, which helps (girls) a lot when tripping with reduced luggage. The towels were not cotton, but it seems to be normal in Italy.
Only four minor drawbacks to hit an 'excellent':
1) you have to pick up the keys in a different place (read the small letters!)
2) the coffee break was below expectation. The 'hotel' where you pick up the keys is in the way from the train station to the room, so not a big deal. The coffee, although suffering from a lack of variety (pretty much coffee / milk / bread / butter / cheese / jam), was ok.
3) There was also a 'problem' with a debit card which - I believe - was being caused as the staff was trying to use it as a credit card. It forced me to use the credit card, which isn't what I like to do, but not a big deal either.
4) The room is located in front of a theatre and I had bad luck of having an event during all night and my wife had some trouble trying to sleep as per all the noise.
Still, highly recommended. I'd stay here again if coming back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Guest House Benedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.