“Alessia Carmignani Rocks”

Guided Tours of Florence
Ranked #77 of 339 Tours in Florence
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of Florence and Tuscany with professional licensed guides.Guided tours of museums, personalized itineraries, shopping tours. We'll take care of you and we'll make our Florence be yours!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Alessia Carmignani Rocks”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Family tour with kids answering thoughtful questions asked by Alessia. Our kids also asked questions and never once said when is this over! I cannot thank her enough. She is kind thoughtful and provided just what we were looking for. Kids sat on benches while she talked and I got to listen and learn as well. Loved it highest recommendation possible. Memories forever.

Denver, CO
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience with Guided Tours of Florence!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was my first experience with a private guided tour; and it was more than I expected. Tatiana met me when I arrived in Florence and escorted me back to my hotel when our tour was completed. She was very knowledgeable regarding the museums I wished to visit (Bargello and Uffizi). She was able to acquire the tickets and save time for viewing the museum contents that way. She also helped me quickly find some postcards I wanted to send family members, again saving me time for seeing the fabulous art of Florence. I highly recommend Guided Tours of Florence.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Alpine, Alabama
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Tatiana era favoloso!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I took a Mediterranean cruise in September. My mobility is limited, and all of the shore excursion options in Florence offered by the cruise line would have been too strenuous for me. We decided to find a tour company in Florence that would be willing to customize a tour for us. I researched tour companies on Trip Advisor, narrowed my choices down to 3 and contacted them. I knew immediately that Guided Tours of Florence was the obvious choice for us! Tatiana replied to my email right away, and graciously offered to customize a tour for us that would accommodate my disability. She was also very patient with my many emails with endless questions in the weeks preceding our tour. She asked which sights were the most important to us, and set up our itinerary to meet our preferences. She even arranged for our driver Max to take us from place to place in Florence. We got to see Florence at our own pace, and experienced so much that we never would experienced without her as our private guide. Our entire experience with Tatiana was perfect, and we feel very fortunate to have chosen her! Grazie, Tatiana and Max!

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Florence, a feast of the finest in art and architecture”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

To state the obvious, to experience the city of Florence is to dip heavily into the realm of classical art and culture. Our tour took in all of the great Firenze architecture, including the Palazzo Vecchio façade & tower, the iconic symbol of Florence, the Duomo, with its immediately-identifiable earth-reddish brown domes, the nearby Florence Baptistery of St John, which provided one of the highlights for me, the exquisitely-detailed gilded bronze doors of the Gates of Paradise (I know that this was only a copy with the original safely secured in the Opera Museum, but the copy does convey the majesty of Ghiberti's artwork). The other impressive church that we visited was the Franciscan Santa Croce Basilica, the burial place of many Italian luminaries including Michelangelo, Machiavelli & Galileo. Florence is a city with great plazas, like the Piazza della Repubblica, with its monumental archway & its imposing square bustling with activity, & the Piazza della Signoria - this square is one of the classiest public parts of Florence, especially the sublime Loggia dei Lanzi, a kind of open-air sculpture gallery with its high curved lines sheltering famous sculptures by Cellini & other artists, & nearby, (a copy) of Michelangelo's David. Dante is also well-represented in the Signoria Square. Just around the corner from the Loggia is the Uffizi Gallery, once the imposing centre of Medici power. There is always a queue for the Uffizi, but if you get inside you will be able to savour famous works by many of the Renaissance masters (Da Vinci, Titian, Michelangelo), Botticelli & others, as well a collection of busts & portraits of the Medicis. Even one of the plazas' so-called ‘flea markets’ selling souvenoirs & gifts to tourists, was housed in a classy building decorated with fine Florentian sculptures. As a break from all the large-scale visual splendour of Florence, our tour took in a demonstration of metal engraving of baskets. A day excursion of Florence can certainly leave you feeling like you’ve experienced a massive cultural overload, but it was undeniably an exhilarating experience.

Visited January 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful Tour of Florence”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a trip to Italy. We begun our travels in Florence and booked a tour online with Guided Tours of Florence prior to our arrival. Alessia promptly met us at our apartment at the scheduled time/date and advised us that we would be on a personal tour. We were pleasantly surprised as we expected to be included in a group! We visited sights beginning from Cathedral Square, the Duomo, Bell Tower, and continued on to the Uffizi, and Academia, as well as market stops along the way. We especially enjoyed the stories she told regarding the Medici Family. She was friendly, very knowledgeable, and simply an excellent guide; we highly recommend her!

Greg & Teaque