“A lesson on wine - we are now experts !”

Florence Wine Academy
Ranked #70 of 141 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Held in the heart of Florence, this class is designed to help participants approach the marvellous world of wine through a comprehensive programme based on the first-hand experience of tasting numerous wines. You will have the opportunity to taste 5 different Tuscan wines and learn about their origin, production, and fundamental wine tasting techniques.
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A lesson on wine - we are now experts !”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We had a wonderful few house learning about wine and tasting some lovely red wine. I was not such a red wine before this but now I know how to appreciate it I enjoy it more often. My husband loves his reds and now loves them even more. Is that a good thing? I'm not sure but at least now we know which reds to buy. Thanks Vittorio for the lesson.

Visited December 2011

Bangkok, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun wine tasting lesson in Florence..”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

As we did not have time to visit the wine areas, we joined Vittorio on a wine tasting evening in town and it turned out to be one of the best evening in Florence. His knowledge and tips changed our Tuscan dining experience (pairing food with Tuscan wines) right away -- not to mention about his generous pour of the multiple bottles !!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank KateAmata
Austin, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Learning Experience”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

What a wonderful way to spend a few hous AND learn about Tuscan wines. The host, Vittori, was very informative and well spoken. Not only was it a wine tasting, but how to taste wines. I learned a lot of information and can fully appreciate the wines I will be serving!!! Loved the quaint setting in his elegant dining room. Shared the tasting with a couple from Thailand and it was a lot of fun. I thought a great value. I would love to go again !!!

Visited March 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Vittorio is outstanding!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We spent just one day in Florence during our recent vacation to Italy and almost decided not to book any activities. After our wine tasting lesson with Vittorio, we were so grateful that we decided to go. Vittorio is a gracious host with a clear passion for the history of wine making in Tuscany. Our lesson was just my husband and I with Vittorio and, therefore, we were able to ask many questions and really take our time to enjoy the wine. I would recommend this class to anyone visiting Florence! Grazie, Vittorio. We hope to return again in the future.

Visited November 2011
Fleming Island
“Vittorio enhanced our already great appreciation for wine. Recommended!!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Wine tasting with Vittorio was a great way to interact with a local who loves his Tuscan wine. He was very knowledgeable in all aspects of wine making and tasting. It was a pleasure to learn from him.

Visited January 2012