“Fabulous!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Florence Wine Academy

Florence Wine Academy
Ranked #66 of 135 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Held in the heart of Florence, this class is designed to help participants approach the marvellous world of wine through a comprehensive programme based on the first-hand experience of tasting numerous wines. You will have the opportunity to taste 5 different Tuscan wines and learn about their origin, production, and fundamental wine tasting techniques.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

What an amazing experience! In the most elegant, relaxing atmosphere and warmth of a typical Florentine home overlooking the Arno, sampling the most delicious wines from the region. Our host was super gracious and explained everything you ever want to know about Tuscan wines in excellent English. Was prepared for any question at all and always made us feel comfortable.
Strongly recommended!!!

Visited July 2012

San Francisco, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great wine tasting class on Tuscan Wines!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

What a great class we had learning about Tuscan wines! Vittorio was such a knowledgeable and friendly teacher. We are from Northern CA and have done many wine tasting courses both in Napa and Sonoma and have been in Tuscany before and have tasted Tuscan wines before, so even though we had a good understanding of tasting wine, Vittorio brought it to a new level for us. We talked about wine for quite a while before we even had our first sip. At first I thought why isn't he letting us taste as we talk? But I believe he was doing this on purpose so we retain what he is telling us!

We tried about 6 different Tuscan wines - all red and then we tried them all with different types of cheeses and olive oil as well. We really had quite a bit of wine tasting and could revisit any wine we wanted to at any time. I think the class was to be about 2 hours, but we spent at least 3 hours with Vittorio.

This class is at his home which is on the Oltrano side of the Arno River and just a short walk down from the Ponte Vecchio. We really enjoyed the class and Vittorio and would highly, highly recommend it to anyone really wanting to learn about the wonderful Tuscan Wines.

Visited May 2012
Florence, Italy
“A wonderful experience for Wine Lovers of all levels—truly a Florence must-do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Attending one of Vittorio’s wine tasting classes has certainly been a highlight of my time in Italy! While I’m a wine novice, I took this 2 hour class with two very experienced wine lovers. Vittorio was able to make the class enjoyable for all of us, despite our different levels of knowledge! In a an enjoyable and relaxing two hours I was still able to learn so much about which red wines to buy, how to taste them, and what foods to pair them with—very useful information!

The quaint setting of Vittorio’s beautiful Florentine home overlooking the Arno was truly perfect for this experience of Tuscan culture! I’d say this wine tasting course is a must-do for any wine lover coming to Florence!

Visited March 2012
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A lesson on wine - we are now experts !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We had a wonderful few house learning about wine and tasting some lovely red wine. I was not such a red wine before this but now I know how to appreciate it I enjoy it more often. My husband loves his reds and now loves them even more. Is that a good thing? I'm not sure but at least now we know which reds to buy. Thanks Vittorio for the lesson.

Visited December 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun wine tasting lesson in Florence..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

As we did not have time to visit the wine areas, we joined Vittorio on a wine tasting evening in town and it turned out to be one of the best evening in Florence. His knowledge and tips changed our Tuscan dining experience (pairing food with Tuscan wines) right away -- not to mention about his generous pour of the multiple bottles !!

Visited March 2012