“Amazing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I stopped in for lunch here. Everywhere else in Florence, I have found 1 piece of cheese pizza for 4€... Here I was surprised when they gave me a freshly made entire pizza! I ate the whole thing for lunch and I plan to go back (for dinner to go next time!) I can't recommend this place enough. Super cheap and super delicious!

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We went there based on all the positive reviews on facebook but were rather dissapointed. It could have a been a great pizza, if not the back side was completely burned black. This probably had to do with the fact I chose the calzone (which obviously has to stay longer in the oven than a regular pizza). My boyfriend's regular pizza had black spots on the back all over it as well, but it was definetely not as bad as my calzone; the regular one was still more or less edible. Having a scientific background and knowing that this burned crust is filled with polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) which are extremely carcinogenic (= cause of cancer) I wouldn't be happy to eat it. I had to remove the entire crust and ate what was left over. The leftover (+/- 60%) was certainly not bad and the ingredients were definetely fresh, but my appetite got ruined because of the black crust.

So in a way I was lucky I ordered the calzone as this type of pizza has a bigger crust which made it possible to remove it. With the regular pizza this was nearly impossible. It was obvious to me that all pizza's being served that evening suffered the same problem, but apparently no one cared 'bout this. Oh well, this happens at bbq's all the time I guess (many people eat meat that's covered with a black burned layer). I think it's a shame this happened, 'cause the chef is definetely working with good ingredients. Maybe the oven needs to be cleaned out, I don't know, but I do know I don't like pizza's that are burned black.

1  Thank Stefanie V
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Great spot near the Duomo to stop for light bite to eat. The pizza is very good and the staff friendly. Nothing fancy but a welcome respite from the other high price venues in Florence without sacrificing quality of food!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Expect only to eat Pizza and Sandwiches. Small place in the city center where you can enjoy a good pizza

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Again, an experience that best tasted Pizza in Rome my second best, amazing can't explain, the smallest sign that says the place name made it hard to find but GO Find IT