“Amazing Pizza in a Quiet Setting”
Review of Le Bertucce - CLOSED

Le Bertucce
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Went here for dinner with my wife --- Via S. Elisabetta was under some pretty heavy construction at the time, but worth wading through it!

Waiter recommended the house special (Salami, Eggplant, Zucchini) and even added artichoke at my request. They had a good selection of beer on tap as well, and what goes better with Pizza than Beer?

The pizza was really good --- thin flaky crust with a nice dusting of flour and seasoning, and the vegetables were very fresh; I never thought I'd LOVE zucchini on my pizza, but I DID!

Service was friendly and noninvasive and we could have stayed at our table for 2 hours if we wanted to.

Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

What a great place! The server was lovely, and translated the salad menu for me in English! Very casual seating area, but great atmosphere! Finally a place where the staff were warm & friendly!
Decided to have a tuna salad after eating way too much pizza/pasta lately. Exactly what I needed-fresh, tasty and oh so cheap! They also give you a few pieces of pizza bread if you need to be filled up. My fiancé had the capricosa pizza which was super fresh, and great to see the kitchen at work with the wood fired pizza oven, and the dough being prepared for the pizza! There was quite a lot of topping too-one we got in Rome had 2 olives, and about only a quarter was covered in ham & cheese... And was triple the price!
HIGHLY recommend-very satisfied indeed, and guaranteed to be back there for more for sure!!!
You won't be disappointed! I've had my doubts about TripAdvisor recommendations lately... But very happy with tonight's meal!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I stopped in for lunch here. Everywhere else in Florence, I have found 1 piece of cheese pizza for 4€... Here I was surprised when they gave me a freshly made entire pizza! I ate the whole thing for lunch and I plan to go back (for dinner to go next time!) I can't recommend this place enough. Super cheap and super delicious!

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We went there based on all the positive reviews on facebook but were rather dissapointed. It could have a been a great pizza, if not the back side was completely burned black. This probably had to do with the fact I chose the calzone (which obviously has to stay longer in the oven than a regular pizza). My boyfriend's regular pizza had black spots on the back all over it as well, but it was definetely not as bad as my calzone; the regular one was still more or less edible. Having a scientific background and knowing that this burned crust is filled with polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) which are extremely carcinogenic (= cause of cancer) I wouldn't be happy to eat it. I had to remove the entire crust and ate what was left over. The leftover (+/- 60%) was certainly not bad and the ingredients were definetely fresh, but my appetite got ruined because of the black crust.

So in a way I was lucky I ordered the calzone as this type of pizza has a bigger crust which made it possible to remove it. With the regular pizza this was nearly impossible. It was obvious to me that all pizza's being served that evening suffered the same problem, but apparently no one cared 'bout this. Oh well, this happens at bbq's all the time I guess (many people eat meat that's covered with a black burned layer). I think it's a shame this happened, 'cause the chef is definetely working with good ingredients. Maybe the oven needs to be cleaned out, I don't know, but I do know I don't like pizza's that are burned black.

1  Thank Stefanie V
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Great spot near the Duomo to stop for light bite to eat. The pizza is very good and the staff friendly. Nothing fancy but a welcome respite from the other high price venues in Florence without sacrificing quality of food!