“Great modern cafe atmosphere and good coffee!”

La Boulangerie del Rifrullo
Ranked #1,866 of 2,824 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

What a gem! I wandered past this place and instantly found home - similar to up-market Melbourne cafes :) Great cafe lattes and cappuccinos, nice pastries and salads too.

Relatively inexpensive and the staff are pretty friendly too. They often play euro-pop remixes which is kind of fun, and the whole atmosphere is very modern and cool - a nice change especially after eating at too many typical florentine restaurants.

Good little brunch/light breakfast spot if you're nearby.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Tucked in a side street off one of the main shopping areas in Florence, this was a great find - small contemporary cafe/restaurant which great luncheon choices from sandwiches to main dishes at a very affordable price.
Very high quality food with some outstanding wines - very casual atmosphere with clean design
Great staff

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We ran in to grab some sandwiches for the train. Very tasty and reasonably priced.

They do offer full service/sit down seating but we had no time and so can not review....

1  Thank TravelinGalCHS
Reviewed 25 May 2014

A trendy cafe but a very much tourist rip off. We went in two weeks ago for a couple of baguettes when the cafe was just opened. Since we were in a rush, I didn't check the bill when I paid. Now after a second round of visit, I now checked my bill and noticed they charged us a coperto "service charge " of 2 Euros on our baguettes. It wasn't even a restaurant downstairs, simply a coffee shop.

Since I didn't check the bill at the time, we actually went back for lunch on the same day (this is before I checked the first visit receipt). We were 2 adults with a 21 month old toddler. Since my husband paid, I didn't get to audit the bill until we left the cafe/restaurant. Believe it or not, they dared to charge us coperto "service charge" for 3 people, which is 2 Euros each. When we asked for tap water, the waitress simply replied with "no gas", walked away and came back with a jar of water, which we saw other tables were having the same. Later, I found out that they charged us 3 Euros for a jar of water which to me didn't even taste like a distilled mineral water as it never came in a brand new opened bottle. There were lots of jugs of water prepared already in a corner upstairs. So all in all, I felt completely ripped off by this trendy cafe in Firenze.

To be fair, the upside of this cafe was that the cafe was clean and trendy, and the food pricing was not aggressive plus the food quality was actually not bad. Since it was a comfortable sitting thats why we went back twice ( before we checked the receipt).

I would had wished they had charged more fairly. We go to Italy at least twice a year and this leaves a bad impression of Firenze to us as tourists. The shocking fact was this is the first time a cafe dares to charge coperto on baguettes and a coperto service charge on a toddler. Even Michelin Star and more high end restaurants (and osteria) in other parts of Italy and Spain had been fair in NOT charging a toddler a cover charge.

1  Thank Bruno M
Reviewed 23 September 2013

All-in-all, I enjoyed my visit to La Boulangerie del Rifrullo! The food is well-presented and tasty, the location is modern and trendy, the bathroom is clean and the prices are reasonable if you consider those in other eating houses in the centre.
However, I did have a few complaints! I didn't like the seating arrangements...they have those high chairs on which you can't sit comfortably if your skirt is even a centimetre above calf-length and while some look out on to the street, others sit you facing the wall!
Also, beware of the 2 euro service charge, which costs exactly half again the price of your baguette, and of the servers, who are just a tad over-enthusiastic, whipping your plate out from under your nose the moment you have finished...
In any case, worth a visit for a quick lunch downtown.