“Great for meat eaters and veggies alike” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Cantinetta Osteria con Cucina

La Cantinetta Osteria con Cucina
Reserve with
La Cantinetta Osteria con Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great for meat eaters and veggies alike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was recommended to us by a local vegetarian, the food was so good we ate here twice during ur 5 night stay.
The pecorino and pear carpaccio was fantastic as was the chocolate cheesecake, both were very arge portions and enough for 2.

Great service, used by locals too.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, Canada
“Tasty food, great atmosphere, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

We could easily have bypassed this smallish place but luckily we didn't. It has the atmosphere of a small local place and the day we were there, it was filled with Italians and no one seemed to speak English. Nevertheless, we received a warm welcome and were seated at a comfortale table for 2 in a corner. Service was friendly and courteous.
We had the menu of the day....a few choices for each course, as well as wine and water, and one dessert. Everything was delicious, the servings plentiful and we left the restaurant well satisified. The bill was surprisingly modest.
Considering that it is in an area heavily trafficked by tourists, it was nice to be in a place that seemed quintiscentially Italian.
We would eat there again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cornwall
“Very pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

This is small and could easily be missed.
We ate here twice in the evening during our short visit to Florence.
In view of the vast amount of venues available that speaks for itself.
An excellent menu with good prices and very pleasant ambience.
We would definitely go back when next in Florence.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Chydon
Mexico City, Mexico
“"THE" Italian Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

What can I say but that I eat in this restaurant EVERY single day! I think I´m the right person to tell you this is the best italian rest!urant you can find... cause is not only the food what makes a good restaurant, but the people that is there, and here, every single person serves you with a smile on their face, and by personal experience, I feel like in home, with my family, now that I´m far away from them... My uncles are called Massimo and Jimmy and my aunts are called Anto and Illiana :) you should meet them and try it, you will love it!! I guarantee it!!! And it´s super near to the Duomo and the prices are not as expensive as the rest of the restaurants near the Duomo and even further.... I go there every day! I´m not a rich person... I´m a student who begun as a turist :)

PS: My recomendation: Pasta Schiacciata and .... TORTA DELLA NONNA!... Please! You can leave without trying it!

Mariana

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mar M
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great spot for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this little restaurant after walking around the San Lorenzo market, and I'm glad we did! My husband had the spinach, butter and mushroom ravioli and coukdn't stop raving about it. I had the minestrone soup and then we shared a margherita pizza with some Prosecco wine. Everything was delicious, the only thing I'd criticize was the portion of the ravioli...it was so yummy we just wanted more! I'd definitely come back I'm in Florence!

2 Thank jendawg11483