“Very Good”

Trattoria Gabriello from 1858
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Trattoria Gabriello from 1858 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #403 of 2,811 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$24 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Description: A nice, calm and warm restaurant in the heart of Florence, with two rooms, the upper usable for events celebrations. We serve dishes of traditional Tuscan cuisine with some updates. Highlight is the reception of the customer by Carmela, Luigi and Giorgio, the three owners. The pasta is fresh, as well as vegetables. Exceptional the maturation of the meat thanks to the three cold rooms which together with the choice of Scottona race, make the steak of Gabriello unsurpassed for taste and smoothness. Bread, schiacciatina and homemade desserts complete our menu.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very close to Piazza della Signoria. Had wonderful steak. Good value for money and lovely comfortable setting in the restaurant. Great place would call again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Faussement hupper class.
Ambiance bon chic bon genre made in ikea.
On vous prends de haut.
Service "barrez vous au plus vite"
Cher et pas exceptionnel.
Fond sonore : lady gaga.
A �VITER.

Don't go to this restaurant.
As soon as you sit they want to take your order.
It's very simple, you've to eat and give money quickly and get out.
Expensive and so classical.
Lady Gaga in sonorous background. The server seem to laugthing at you. Hypocrite and cold personnal.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY HERE.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Ate here on 2 occasions. The place we stayed offered a 10% discount so we thought we would give them a shot. The first time, the waiter was friendly, food came at a good pace, and tasted good. They brought the wrong dish for me (steak instead of the chicken I ordered), but it looked good so I ate it anyways. The next night we decided to go again rather than risk a new restaurant. That was a mistake. We started with the same waiter from the night before, but about 5 minutes into our visit, a woman (the owner?) came in with a grumpy attitude and took over our table. First our appetizer landed on someone else's table. When he questioned this, they realized the mistake and dropped it on our table instead without any eye contact or words. When our pasta was delivered, it was the same: dropped in front of us and walked away. Same again with the bill... When that came, I told her where we were staying (for the 10% discount), at first she seemed to not understand. When I repeated this, she grabbed the bill and dropped the price by 2 euros (only a 7% discount), pushed it back towards me and insisted that I pay cash... Sorry, but if you don't want to give a discount, then don't offer it. I don't know what happened to put her in such a bad mood, but she's not winning customers. I wouldn't recommend this place. Not unless you enjoy feeling like an inconvenience... Which is a shame because I did like the food.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We really enjoyed lunch at Trattoria Gabriello today after having several not so good meals in Florence the past couple of days. The service was very good too. They offered a two course meal with 5-6 choices in each course for e14.00. I had the vegetable soup which was delicious with plenty of carrots, potatoes and greens in it, a nice sized portion served with bread. The other course I had was a chicken breast pounded and nicely grilled with olive oil and lemon served with delicious, crispy oven baked seasoned yellow potatoes. We had the house white wine which was good. I would recommend this restaurant and is a short walk from many of the tourist sites.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Always a fantastic place ..
Hight quality and great and big rise!
The workers and owner are polite ..