“Delicious Pastry at Jessy's Bar on the Via Romana”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jessy's Bar

Jessy's Bar
Ranked #1,088 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Neighbourhood: Pitti
San Francisco, California
“Delicious Pastry at Jessy's Bar on the Via Romana”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

After spending most of the day wandering along the winding streets and alleys, and in and out of the various artisan's shops in the Oltrarno, I was hungry and footsore. Unwilling to eat alone at one of the more upscale restaurants, I was thrilled to see this delightful cafe right on the Via Romana, about fifteen minutes from my home exchange. It seemed popular with the locals, which is usually an indication of good food, so I entered Jessy's and perused the display case. I'm allergic to seafood, so I asked about the ingredients of what appeared to be some kind of quiche, to make sure there was no crab or shrimp inside. Instead of looking irritated that I might be holding up the line, the friendly clerk listed not only the ingredients (spinach, ricotta) but how it was prepared.

The crust was light and flaky, and the warm goodness of the rich layers of filling was absolutely delicious! She brought it to my table along with my receipt, which had their WiFi access code so that I could check my e-mail and send texts to friends about how great the Pitti Palace was, and also how yummy the food is all over Firenze.

I've been back for 6 months now, and I still recall the appealing little bar, and how unhurried and welcoming the woman behind the counter was. I'm planning another trip very soon, and hope that this place will still be open!

• Visited March 2012

“The little hidden Gem of Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

we are chefs, and since we got Italy 4 weeks ago we have had high expectations of the food. but since we have been in tourist areas we have found nothing to rave about. Its always over prices and the food is not, lets say, too good.
while getting lost in FLorence, we stumbled across things little snack bar. We won't lie, it was the 5 euro pasta on the black board out the front that caught our attention. So we decided to look at the menu. the menu was very small but enough. We ate 2 pastas, a caprese salad, 1/2 of wine and a cappuccino for 21 euros.
The food was simple, but some times simple is enough. it was tasty and filling.
it was away from the main tourist attractions, it was quite , and cosy, and you were able to relax.
We throughly enjoy the whole experience and we would go back and recommend it to any body.
:D

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Simple is a good word”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Simple little place that has great coffee, amazing home cooked meals that change daily. The lasagne is so good and we also had the Rigatoni in a spicy pepper sauce, mmmm! I have to go by for the salads they look so good as well.
It is just a local little place but friendly and casual. All you want for a nice, quiet tasty lunch.

• Visited September 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Best pasta, best price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

My boyfriend and I ate at Jessy's bar a couple of days ago. The lasagna and the truffle ravioli was so good, we had to come back! The menu changes everyday, which forced us to try the gnocchi and the seafood spaghetti, which were both just as good as our first dishes. Each item is 5 euros, which put Jessy's Bar among the best values we found in Florence, and the portions are generous! The tiramisu is fantastic, as well! Can't wait to come back the next time we visit the city.

• Visited March 2012
Turin, Italy
“Budget option near city center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Sometimes the only thing you want is a place to have a light meal so you can continue walking the city without spending much time in a restaurant. This place is nice, service is friendly, food is good. You dont need to pay extra to have a table, wifi is free.