“Great find and good food.”
Review of Jessy's Bar

Jessy's Bar
Ranked #1,322 of 2,763 Restaurants in Florence
Canada
“Great find and good food.”
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Just around the corner from the Pitti, yet out of the high priced tourist cafe area. Food was great and price/service super.

• Visited May 2013

Travelling
“Great food and wonderful service”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Seriously good food, simple, healthy and flavourful with a friendly and welcoming staff. This place appealed to me because it's just a small, local cafe. Open from 7-7 for coffee, pastries, beer and wine but the kitchen is open for lunch only. The pasta offerings change daily and they offer great salads as well.

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Get a taste of real Florence”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

What a great find,..a short walk from Palazzo Pitti before you reach the Boboli Gardens. Great food, great pastries, great coffee, but most of all great people! The women make you feel at home, are very friendly and helpful to tourists...above and beyond what I would have expected. I stayed in Florence almost a month, found the place very early on and went there almost daily. If you're looking for a great Florentine experience i would highly recommend this place.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Delicious Pastry at Jessy's Bar on the Via Romana”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

After spending most of the day wandering along the winding streets and alleys, and in and out of the various artisan's shops in the Oltrarno, I was hungry and footsore. Unwilling to eat alone at one of the more upscale restaurants, I was thrilled to see this delightful cafe right on the Via Romana, about fifteen minutes from my home exchange. It seemed popular with the locals, which is usually an indication of good food, so I entered Jessy's and perused the display case. I'm allergic to seafood, so I asked about the ingredients of what appeared to be some kind of quiche, to make sure there was no crab or shrimp inside. Instead of looking irritated that I might be holding up the line, the friendly clerk listed not only the ingredients (spinach, ricotta) but how it was prepared.

The crust was light and flaky, and the warm goodness of the rich layers of filling was absolutely delicious! She brought it to my table along with my receipt, which had their WiFi access code so that I could check my e-mail and send texts to friends about how great the Pitti Palace was, and also how yummy the food is all over Firenze.

I've been back for 6 months now, and I still recall the appealing little bar, and how unhurried and welcoming the woman behind the counter was. I'm planning another trip very soon, and hope that this place will still be open!

• Visited March 2012
“The little hidden Gem of Florence”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

we are chefs, and since we got Italy 4 weeks ago we have had high expectations of the food. but since we have been in tourist areas we have found nothing to rave about. Its always over prices and the food is not, lets say, too good.
while getting lost in FLorence, we stumbled across things little snack bar. We won't lie, it was the 5 euro pasta on the black board out the front that caught our attention. So we decided to look at the menu. the menu was very small but enough. We ate 2 pastas, a caprese salad, 1/2 of wine and a cappuccino for 21 euros.
The food was simple, but some times simple is enough. it was tasty and filling.
it was away from the main tourist attractions, it was quite , and cosy, and you were able to relax.
We throughly enjoy the whole experience and we would go back and recommend it to any body.
:D