Due to water issues at the hotel we had booked, we were transferred for one night to the Montebello Splendid. We were given a room in the basement of the hotel, just above the kitchen and the noise rapping our ceiling was brutal. High heel shoes from a heavy walking female staffer pushing was annoying us till well after 1am and then resumed again promptly at 6am. When we mentioned the atrocious location of the room, the reception staffer just waved at us saying...."yeah, that room is not a good spot, we've heard that complaint before."
The hotel is generally nice, just letting anyone that plans to stay there to beware if they pan you out to the basement. All the rooms I saw down there are either directly under the kitchen or under the dining area. One other thing, Montebello Splendid is not in the heart of Florence, but not too far away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old villa from 19th Century with private garden located in the lively heart of Florence and transformed into a boutique 5 stars hotel full of charm and warm atmosphere, according to the neoclassical Florentine tradition. All rooms are elegantly designed and decorated differently but all equipped with the most up-to-date comforts. In a few step from the hotel you can easily reach all the most important attraction of Florence. Capriccio restaurant is the gourmet option for hotel guests to experience greta italian food in a very relaxing enveiroment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Preferred Hotels, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Montebello Splendid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montebello Splendid Florence
- Montebello Splendid Hotel Florence