1,151 results
All reviews minute walk five star hotel marble bathroom quiet neighborhood train station front desk staff hotel restaurant junior suite ponte vecchio arno river would definitely stay here again favorite hotel main attractions beautiful room around the corner happy hour the air conditioning
Reviewed 22 March 2015

we stayed 2 nights with the family in 2 rooms, the rooms are spacious and comfortable and very luxuriously appointed. the staff was courteous and helpful. the hotel is 20 minute walking distance from the city and about 10 minutes from the santa maria novella train station. we could walk easily dragging 2 suitcases. the rooms do get hot in the winter and required us to open windows. no fans were available, so there was a little street noise at night. Only negative was complicated wifi that was slow and asked for your Facebook information. the restaurant was nice - we had a florentine steak that was good

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
MontebelloSplendid, Direttore generale at Hotel Montebello Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2015

Dear kvprakash

Thank you for submitting your positive review about Montebello Splendid. I’m very pleased you enjoyed the friendly attitude of the staff and the convenient location of the hotel from train station and main attractions. Regarding your concern about the Wi-fi connection, we are NOT TRACKING anyway your credentials. The system which is more and more used in many hotels worldwide just ask you authentication through one of the main social network or email account. You don’t need an hotel password but just log with your own credentials. When you log-in you are doing on facebook or gmail server (for example) and not on hotel server. More and more web services to facilitate the log-in without creating another username and password use this kind of authentication system which is very well appreciated. Further information or clarification are available at front desk.
On behalf of the whole staff, I wish you all the best and say arrivederci to the next occasion you will have to visit Florence.

Reviewed 8 March 2015

We have just experienced our first visit to Italy and chose Florence. What a beautiful place steeped in art and culture. We stayed at this lovely hotel. The walk to the centre is approx 15 minutes but a pleasant one at that. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was quite large and towels were changed every time we used them. The hotel boasts a pretty courtyard that unfortunately we were unable to use it as it was very windy. I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kym108
MontebelloSplendid, Direttore generale at Hotel Montebello Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2015

Dear Kym108,
thank you very much for staying at Montebello Splendid and sharing your positive experience. I’m very pleased you enjoyed the service and attitude of the staff and pleased to read you recommend our property. You are right, unfortunately in that period an extraordinary wind storm caused a lot of damages in the whole region. I’m sorry you couldn’t use the hotel courtyard as relaxing spot. Wish to be able to welcome you again on the next occasion you will visit Florence.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

Lovely hotel, within walking distance of all of the major attractions in Florence, but far enough out of the centre to get a quiet night's sleep. Very helpful and friendly staff, and the room in which we stayed was lovely; very spacious and immaculate. If we return to Florence, which I'm sure we will, then this hotel would likely be my first choice to book again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, and found it to be wonderful, with a decent sized balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul P

Dear Paul P,
thank you very much for staying at Montebello Splendid and sharing your positive experience. I’m very pleased you enjoyed the service and attitude of the staff and pleased to read you recommend our property. I’m glad you appreciated the friendly and helpful attitude of the staff that for some guest it was an issue. Friendly attitude from guest side most of time helps to create the right approach. Wish to be able to welcome you again on the next occasion you will visit Florence.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

Very nice hotel that is conveniently located closed to the river, and yet in a quiet area. I recommend it for couples as it is very cosy and refined. You can walk to anywhere in Florence. Parking is provided but a bit pricey.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tewfik R

Dear Saad B,
Thank you very much for recommending our hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed the refined ambiance of the Montebello Splendid and its intimate atmosphere. We understand that parking maybe a little pricy, but I assure you that no hotel in city center offer free garage and only other two or three properties have an onsite garage. At neighbor hotel you can incur in much more expensive charges.
I look forward to your next visit to Florence and I wish all the best to you and your wife.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 December 2014 via mobile

While there is no denying that there are more expensive and more centrally located hotels in Florence, the Splendid is just a short walk to the center of Florence. It's a very short distance from the riverbank and is located in a safe and easily accessible neighborhood. I've been to Florence many times and the Montebello Splendid is consistent in service, cleanliness, dining and the price is right. The rooms are more than adequate in size, breakfast in the morning is set in a garden like atrium. The restaurant and lounge offer a respite from the hustle and bustle of Florence. The staff speaks English and they have secure parking for those of us who drive in Italy.
I have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Scoop1955

Dear scoop1955,
Thank you very much for returning at Montebello Splendid. I’m very pleased that our services have never disappointed you in the years. I’m also pleased that as repeat guest you enjoy the hotel location and the friendly and helpful attitude of the staff. Thank you for mentioning the quality of our restaurant ambience. We look forward to continue having your preference and we will be at your full disposal for any assistance you may need to plan you travel in advance.