“Very Nice Hotel....”

Hotel Montebello Splendid
Ranked #88 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 9 January 2010

luxury .... love this Hotel., small but really particular... good location ( walking distance) from all atractions... ( Hotel came out on the luxury hotel and resort top of the line hotel..)

Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 December 2009

The newly renovated Montebello was the perfect ending of our tour of Italy. Staff were incredible in every respect. Everyone spoke English, took care of our every need. Being a one minute walk from the river and the American Consulate safety was an issue. Soldiers guarding the Ambassodor's home were everywhere. The neighborhood is exquisite and just a short 15 min. walk to train station. It's location to everything was wonderful. The rooms were absolutely exquisite. It is a FIVE STAR Hotel and my wife rates it a 10!! The restaurant was superb with Executive Chef who was brilliant. Morning breakfast buffet was unlike any we have enver encountered. Restaurant Mgrs. Ivano and Massimo were a delight! In room computer easy and affordable. Highly reccomend, a truly wonderful experience!! With the owner and Mgr. present, everyday no detail left untouched. Ask for Gabriel or Riccardo when booking.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
MontebelloSplendid, Hotel manager at Hotel Montebello Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2009

Dear Italyflorida,
On behalf of the whole staff of the Montebello Splendid, I’d like to thank you for the great comment you posted about our hotel.
I’m very pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your long stay with us and that the whole staff offered you an attentive service. I’m also glad you enjoyed the food at our restaurant, including the product at breakfast.
I really hope to welcome you and your wife in Florence very soon and help you to explore deeply our beautiful region, including the countryside. Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance for any kind of assistance.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2009

I'm a frequent traveler (100k miles per year) but this is my first hotel review. I feel compelled to review as this was such a nice hotel with extraordinary staff. My kids enjoyed visiting with Luisa during breakfast, she was so pleasant and a trip highlight for us. The room was beautiful, clean and had a wonderful balcony that we enjoyed each night. The front desk made dinner recommendations for us each night, all within walking distance (5 minutes) and they were all very nice.

We wouldn’t go back to Florence and not stay at Montebello Splendid.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family

Dear Gobeavers2003,
Thank you very much for staying with your family at our hotel and for sharing your positive experience with other travellers on Tripadvisor. As a frequent flyer your comment is very appreciated and has been shared with Luisa. I’m very pleased that the service we provided you exceeded your expectations; your positive feedback is very useful for the motivation of the whole staff.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance, whenever you should have chance to visit Florence again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2009

My wife and I stayed for 4 days at the Splendid. Our room was immaculate, everything looked "new". We stayed in a two room suite, relatively small but big enough for the 2 of us. We found great pleasure opening up the window and just looking out over Florence. The highlight of the hotel for my wife was the breakfast buffet with the tasty coffee each morning. Pair that with the fresh squeezed OJ and it was a pretty good way to start the day. It is a little bit of a walk to everything but not too bad - I meenm you're there to take all the sites in anyways! I would reccomend this hotel 100% and I would stay there agin if I am ever lucky enough to make it back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Traskfam,
Thank you very much for staying at the Montebello Splendid and taking time writing your positive feedback on this website. I’m really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the whole staff offered you an attentive and friendly service. I’m also pleased you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and the quality of products we serve.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in our beautiful city on the next occasion.

Reviewed 15 December 2009

Excellent hotel and staff! This hotel was not big nor very commercial but a luxurious 5 star hotel. We were within walking distance of everything in Florence. The staff was extremely friendly, polite and helpful at all times. The room was large and very clean. I would recommend this hotel with highest regard. We would most definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Firenze123,
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with other travellers on tripadvisor. I’m very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the boutique size of our hotel.
I look forward to welcome you again in Florence very soon and I invite you to contact us for any kind of assistance to plan your trip to Florence.

Reviewed 7 December 2009

My mom and I came over thanksgiving brea and stayed at this hotel in Florence for three nights. It was the prefect hotel for us. APPEARANCE - There is a beautiful tranquil patio and fountain outside, before the entrance to the hotel. It was clean and well decorated with great and friendly staff. FOOD - We arrived late at night, and were hungry and they had delicious green apples greeting us and room service available, if desired. The next day we had a great morning breakfast. Full offerings for breakfast - with eggs, meats, vegetables, cheeses, fruits, yogurts, cereals, breads, milk, juice, coffee, tea, pastries, etc. It wasn't overly crowded, but there were enough people there to make to still make it feel cozy. ROOMS - The staff gave great recommendations and assisted us in whatever we needed. The beds were comfortable which was a major plus - many european hotels have beds that feel like you are laying on a painful cot made of cardboard. The bathroom was also wonderful - super clean and relaxing huge step in tiled shower. Robes and slippers were comfortable. LOCATION - About 10 minute walking distance to the center of town/uffizi/Duomo/et c. Not a bad price to pay though for the quiet away from the downtown, and the cleanliness. It was well worth the walk - the shops all along the river are great to peak into or stroll by. In addition, it is close to the train station.. for when we just wanted to walk to catch a bus or train. There are other nice hotels nearby as well, including the Westin, and great trattorias and restaurants. OTHER ADVICE: on visiting: Cabs will rip you off. They are more expensive then any of the other 15 european cities I have been in. Second, careful of eating at a restaurant nearby. My mom and I just wanted to try a few bites of gelato, a place right next to the Duomo charged us 17 euros for 2 small scoops. I know a little Italian, and tried to argue and the woman didn't care and just showed me a stupid receipt. Also, apparently it is commonly known by italians, that they don't eat the gelato that is highly risen (think there is something they put in it to make it do that). The flat kind that comes in the metal canisters is more authentic and better tasting. We agreed that much. Great and cute restaurant right next to the Duomo: Coquarius. Tons of salads (zuccini, sunflower seeds, avocado, kiwi with Feta), interesting pastas (pear raviolinis, pumpkin ravioli), meats, and good wine selection! Yummy gelato right across the pathway.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
MontebelloSplendid, Hotel manager at Hotel Montebello Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2009

Dear Italylor316,
Thank you very much for staying at Montebello Splendid and for the great and detailled comment you posted on this website. Your recommendation is very well appreciated.

On behalf of the whole staff I’d like to thank you very much for the terrific description of our hotel and services; we are very pleased you had a great stay with us and you and your mother felt very comfortable. We all and our buffet breakfast is waiting for your next visit!

Thank you also for sharing your precious tips about your stay in Florence with other travellers.
Coquinarius is a small restaurant hard to find but very good, I’ll had in our recommendations.
Taxi in Florence and in Italy in general are quite expensive, despite they use meter all the times. Probably things will change soon - the first step was the flat rate form/to the Florence Airport of € 20,00
Regarding the Gelato, despite a take away 2 scoops is about € 2,00, when sitting in one of the popular bars in the city centre, the cost will raise dramatically. Just ask for the menu before sitting and ordering in one the bar of the Duomo area. This will avoid any disappointment when billed. Anyway, €17,00 for 2 scoops is really too much!

I understand that some charges may looks exorbitant, but we must also say that the actual EURO exchange rate is not very helpful at all.

Please consider us at your complete disposal whenever you or any of your family should have chance to visit Florence again.

Reviewed 6 December 2009

I stayed by myself for one night in November as a treat after a hard week of work. The hotel did not disappoint. It is very near all the sights and locations, though I did walk through quite a funky neighbourhood to get to it. The room was very comfortable, but the smallest I have stayed in in the five-star class. I only needed internet access to print out a boarding pass, but getting online seemed convoluted and pricey in the room to do this. But the staff were friendly and helpful, and I could print the boarding pass at reception for no extra charge. I was the only one at breakfast, and service and supplies there were very good. I'd go back for a romantic break.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo

Dear Tpdv21,
Thank you very much for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I’m very pleased you had a pleasant stay with us after one week of hard work and that the whole staff offered you the best care.
We would be pleased to welcome you again when you will have chance to spend a romantic break in our wonderful city. Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance whenever you should need assistance before your arrival.

Kind regards,