The hotel is well located next to santa Maria novella train station, within walking distance from the historic centre.
Rooms are well decorated and give a taste of florentine spirit, however rooms are a bit dark.
On the 5th floor the bar / restaurant offers a breathtaking panorama of Florence (santa Maria del flore, palazzio vecchio...)
Beware of the below:
- paper thin walls and poor noise insulation (the first night I thought that a guy was sleeping in my room because of his snoring, the next night I woke up at 2 am because a group of basketball from BU was drunk and shouting in there room. I had to cross the hallway and ask them to lower their voice)
- if you visit with a car you should expect to pay EUR 36 / night + EUR 8 each and every time they get the car from the box
- I was somehow disappointed by the concierge in helping me to plan my stay in Florence, they could have been more helpful and less expeditious . Beware of one of the concierge who will try to sell you a tour of 2 to 3 hours for the Uffizi for EUR 210.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Hotel set in converted palace, located downtown, near Conference Center & tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Baglioni Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Florence