Plaza Lucchesi Hotel
US$415
US$367
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hotel David(Florence)
US$207
US$197
1,729 results
All reviewssanta crocearno riverrooftop barbeautiful hotelpiazzale michelangeloconcierge staffsuperior roomhotel barloved this hotelpastriesbreakfast was excellentsitting areawould definitely stay here againour honeymoonbeautiful roomwould highly recommend this hotelmajor attractions
Reviewed 1 June 2011

The staff was welcoming and friendly. The lounge and bar area was spacious, comfortable, light and airy. It was perfect for an after dinner drink or cappacinno. The hotel was immaculately clean and our room was spacious and attractive. We had a room with a balcony and the view was fabulous (overlooking the Arno River and the Piazzel di Michaelangelo. We can even see the replica of David). The breakfast room was pretty and the choices were good for a continental breakfast. They even included champagne for those who wanted Mimosas - a really nice touch. The head concierge Michele went above and beyond to assist us and make suggestions to make our stay enjoyable. I have no criticisms at all. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank benohen
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We stayed at the Plaza Lucchesi April 23- 26. The rooms were large by European standards, clean and comfortable. Bathrooms wer sparse but clean. We had adjoining rooms with our daughters which added to the feeling of spaciousness. We were on the fouth floor facing the Arno river. The view was beautiful. Some street noise if you had the windows open, but air conditioning available in the room. Staff very helpful, especially with restaurant recommendations. Although it is not in the center of Florence, it was an easy walk to all attractions, and the river edge is very pretty. Breakfast was good, breakfast room pretty. Room and hotel light and airy in general.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Concierge was very nice, breakfast was just ok, rooms itself were kind of run down and the location was at timed annoying. I could deal with all that but what I can not deal with is the the Mosquitos in the bathroom ( I know this is a problem in Florence) there was a window that wasn't securely shut all the way which is where they came in from. When i told the front desk they said they would send someone up and spray which they did, but then I had dead Mosquitos all over floor, in sink, bathtub and my husband found them in his towel. I didn't want to complain because I didn't see the point. Definitely won't be staying at this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 14 May 2011

My son and I stayed here in April. We had a great room with fantastic views of the Arno River and the Michaelangelo Piazza. The service was top notch. The hotel personal was friendly and welcoming upon our arrival. We arrived 4 hours before our room was ready and were able to store our bags while we went to explore a bit. They gave us a map so we wouldnt get lost. When we returned, the staff quickly brought our bags up to our room. The room was clean and elegant. I will say there was alot of noise at night as we had the windows open. Apparently the street sweepers come by every night around 2-3 am. and the cars and motorcycles speed around all hours of the night. Since the room faced the street is was a little noisy but I wouldnt give up the views to be on the interior portion of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay there again if I find myself going back to Florence.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Room we had wasn't large but set up well for 3 people which was a necessity - not easy to find a "triple" in Europe - even had a dividing wall between the 2 sleeping areas which was perfect - large bathroom - free internet access - we were not on the River Arno side but had a very nice picturesque view of a church tower - two great big windows. Just down the river from the Ufizzi, Ponte Vecchio and a short walk to everything else - also close to Piazzale Michelangelo. Nice breakfast buffet except for a thumbs down on the eggs. Powdered maybe? Concierge helpful and helped us with arrangements for trip to Siena which turned out great.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family