“Memorable Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 421 Hotels in Florence
boston
“Memorable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed at the Plaza Lucchesi for 3 nights. This hotel is splendid. The rooms are immaculate and the hotel is an easy distance to all sights in Florence. Our room was plenty spacious and very quiet. The balcony was lovely as was the seating area from which you could enjoy the view on a rainy afternoon!

The lighting in the room was excellent. With three people, with different sleep habits, I have to say this was the best laid out room with lighting that we have ever stayed in. It was entirely possible to read etc while others slept without causing a disturbance bc of the way the light fixtures were set up in th room.

The breakfast buffet was absolutely terrific. Every day the offerings changed slightly so you were never bored. Lovely view from breakfast area with once again plenty of room so you never felt crowded.

Front desk was efficient and very knowledgable with great suggestions on touring sites as well as cabs etc.

We cannot recommend this hotel enough!!! FABULOUS!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bostonstm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

A 4 star hotel with a 3 Star price tag. Excellent all round. Good clean hotel with excellent service. The choice of breakfast menu very good.

The location is ideal next to the river but still close enough to the bars and places to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rf900suz
Miami Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Plaza Hotel Lucchesi is a Boutique Hotel style, family owned and managed. Very attentive staff that make you feel at home. My spouse and I have been there four times and plan to return whenever we go to Florence... Location is perfect, about two blocks from Ponte Vecchio, right in the historic center. Very clean, internet free of charge, wholesome breakfasts. In other words, I strongly recommend this hotel to family and friends and any one that appreciates excellence in service in a premium location.

Room Tip: We prefer room facing to Santa Croce church, but rooms facing to the Arno river is a good choice as...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Betao
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at this wonderful hotel Easter 2012. As a first time lone traveller I was a little nervous, but I shouldn't have been, I was made most welcome and looked after from the very moment I arrived. I was upgraded to the most beautiful room, overlooking the river Arno, with large french doors opening onto a lovely balcony with the most stunning views, I would sit there in the evening just watching the world go by.
The staff without exception were wonderful, helping me to find everything I planned to see, so so friendly.
The breakfast was varied with plenty of choice and beautifully presented. Location perfect within walking distance of the Ponte Vecchio.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sorrento56_13
Nairn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

first impressions are that it is a bit dated, but when you consider the age of the hotel what should you expect. Our room was overlooking the River Arno which is exactly what we had requested. Reception and concierge staff were brilliant. We had dinner on our first night which we really enjoyed then ate out the rest of our stay as we wanted to experience the atmosphere in Florence and weren't disappointed. The breakfasts were far better than we were expecting. The staff in the restaurant were a bit distant but if you approached them they were very helpful. Great hotel and hope to visit again as didn't manage to see all 'the sights' on our first visit.

Room Tip: Ask foradvice and tickets to the sights from the concierge, saves hours queueing at the venue.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda B
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

This was one of the greatest places I've stayed! It was so adorable! Great location! The rooms are small but charming! And once you open those shutters on your window and the statue of David is right there, with the canal in the forefront - you will truly feel like you are immersed in the culture! The staff was great! The on site restaurant was lovely! And you can walk anywhere from there!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MariaPescrilli
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

They should take one star from them! I stayed at this hotel twice before and this year the quality of the service went down. Way down. Don't think I'll stay there again (I go to Florence every December).
For starters when I arrived with my heavy suitcase the hotel staff watched as I struggled my way thru the stairs with it and then when i was up there by them they "helped" me take it up to my room (via elevator!!! Seriously?) and off course expected tip...breakfast selection quality went down too (no more Nutella! Seriously? In Italy??) and the worst: every night I went out when I came back to the hotel in the middle of the night in a deserted street the hotel doors were locked and I had to ring a bell and wait for somebody from reception to wake up and come open the door for me not only dangerous but also a pain! This one room they gave me had shower curtains and the shower was in an awkward position which made me get the bathroom floor all wet every time I showered and they called my room every day when I was in the shower so I assume it was leaking to the apt below.

• Stayed December 2012