B&B Hotel Firenze Novoli
Hotel Franchi(Florence)
Autostrada(Florence)
Hotel Real(Florence)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsclose to the airportbudget hotelbus stophotel parkingbus numbernice clean hotelprivate parkingan early flightair conditionmodern facilitiesafter midnightflorence centreeasy accessstayed here for one nightwifi connectionbed was comfortablebeautiful city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The hotel has free wifi and the room has AC, which is great since Florence is hot and although its kind of far from the center, bus 22 is right in front of the hotel and takes you directly to the city center. But the hotel staff was not helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DaisyZ
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I arrived at the hotel around lunchtime after driving down from Bologna. I didnt expect to check in but hoped to leave my suitcases in the hotel rather than keep them in my car when I drove into town as they were visible on the backseat and I didnt want to tempt thieves.

I walked into the reception and went up to the counter, no one was there but I could see someone in the breakfast area tidying up. They saw me but didnt acknowledge me or come over. I stood at the counter for about 5 mins expecting someone to come but they didnt and there was no bell or other way to rouse staff. I then sat on the couches for about 10 minutes using the wifi to try and start planning my day of sightseeing. I then tried to go talk to the person at the breakfast counter but when I went over they went out the back, I tried this a second time a few minutes later and it definitely felt like they were avoiding me.

I then gave up and set my GPS to find somewhere to park in the centre of Florence and do soem sightseeing. Unfortunately my GPS decided to send me the wrong direction and took me to Prato instead (Im sure directions from the hotel staff would have avoided this) Apon seeing how far away my hotel was from the city centre (I knew it was 10minute drive but between my anger at being ignored and the frustration of not being helped I was pretty mad at this point) I decided to book a new hotel in the centre. After checking into a new hotel I walked out into the city only to discover my mistake and after checking out (and paying for the privilege) I went back to my original hotel since it was at least in the right town.

Then my frustration was increased 10 fold when who should be manning the front counter but the same person who ignored for close to half an hour earlier that morning. Surely if it is your responsibility to be checking in guests at 3pm then you should probably go and talk to someone who walks up to your reservation counter at 12pm.

The room itself was quite nice, good sized bed and a great desk (though no power point for laptop close to the desk)

I had one final front desk problem when I went down to purchase a bottle of water and found out that despite having a full store in the lobby they dont keep change. So I could only buy my water if I had coins. I couldnt pay with notes and because I had to pay up front for the room I couldnt just add it to my bill.

Without that front desk staff this would have been a positive review, just pray that woman isnt on the front desk when you stay here, without her the hotel is great value with big clean rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ShaneGB
Reviewed 31 December 2012

When we arrived our aircon didnt work. It was only blowing hot air. We told them and they said it works we must just leave it on for 30minutes. It still didnt work. Then the next day it stopped working completely. No air at all and they say you cant open windows. We asked for directions to a supermaket and were told of two different ones. We walked up and down both different streets where we were told they were and found NOTHING! We had cold showers. The curtain didnt close properly. I understand it was a cheap hotel but all of theses are the basics and we expected atleast that to be met.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessica w
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The hotel is basic and clean, but the location is terrible. At night the neighborhood is frequented by prostitute and curb crawlers, it is off putting. This hotel is also booked by many bus tour groups. We had a family in the next room with 2 rooms, their toddler was in the hallway being noisy and banging the doors. The sound proofing between rooms is not good. My husband complained as it was past 10pm, the attendant said he could do nothing. We later rang again, another person was attending the desk, she did ring to ask them to be quiet. This hotel is 20 min by bus from the historic sights of Florence, the bus stop is located close to the hotel. We extended our stay in Florence and stayed the last night at their hotel near the city, the location of that hotel was good, but it was overpriced I believe.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katelyn1
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This is definitely a 'No Frills' kind of place - kind of similar to supermarket brand toilet paper: does the job, maybe not as pretty or comfortable as the more expensive option but perfectly serviceable.

The hotel itself is located on the outskirts of Florence very close to the airport and right on the number 22 bus Route which goes into the city centre and also stops at the main train station (tickets can be bought on board). Or you can walk if you have excess energy and a map (about an hour).
Check in/out was efficient, the rooms have code entry instead of keys so checkout isn't necessary.
WiFi is free but you have to create a user account and authenticate frequently while browsing which gets tired after awhile. Still, it's free.
Rooms were clean and kind of spartan(exactly what you expect from a budget hotel) and serviced daily. Breakfast was optional (6.50) but there are restaurants and supermarkets nearby that offer better fare and value.
There is a small supermarket in the hotel selling snacks/drinks etc but is very overpriced.

Summary: good place to sleep and use as a base to see the city and fly out again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple