“Great location, Comfortable Room, Helpful Staff”

Bernini Palace Hotel
Ranked #30 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Montclair, New Jersey
“Great location, Comfortable Room, Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I originally booked a different hotel for our 5 night stay in Florence but when we arrived we were really disappointed in the room and knew we wouldn't be comfortable. Then we booked a last minute 5 night stay at Bernini Palace. We immediately felt welcome there. They were very accommodating, finding us a comfortable room at the last minute. They had great restaurant recommendations, the location is great, breakfast was great and every staff member we met was nice and helpful. This was our favorite hotel stay during our entire vacation in Italy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bluadvance, Direttore at Bernini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for such a great post. I’m delighted that you couldn’t fault the Hotel and really enjoyed sharing your kind comments with my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
With kind regards,
David Foschi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay, room 422 was quiet and beautifully appointed. Bed comfortable and linen fantastic, bathroom no bath but shower very good. Breakfast room is gorgeous with lovely breakfast and attentive staff. Location of hotel is right in the middle of the old town steps away from all the Duomo, Uffici Gallery & the Arno. Internet in foyer and bedroom.
All Staff fantastic. Foyer and lounge area very welcoming with comfy chairs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bluadvance, Direttore at Bernini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your post and your nice words, we will be more delighted to welcome you back again,
With my best regards,
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

First, the location is great, but you can look at the map and know that.
We stayed in room 205, a double deluxe room. When I made the booking on line I requested an upper floor. When I arrived I was told that the floors above the second floor were all suites. Hmmm, good to know.

When checking in the lady at the front desk spoke little English. Thats's ok, it is Italy, but surprising in an upscale hotel.

I was awakened a couple of times during the night by street noise. Avoid room 205!

We had an early departure so I asked the hotel to arrange a cab for 430am. In a lively condescending tone, the man at the front desk (who did speak English) inquired if I would really be ready to go then, because it upsets the taxi drivers to wait. Uh, yes. So we arrived downstairs around 425am. The desk clerk asked me to give their adapter back. I informed him that I did not borrow an adapter. I then asked him for the number of our cab (sometimes you get a number when you arrange ahead), and he said there was no number. We went outside to wait. Meanwhile, another couple came to the front desk and mentioned that they had booked a cab the night before as well. They arrived outside at the waiting place a few minutes after we did. When the cab arrived, we were told it was not our cab, but the other couple's. Hmmm.

I have been to Florence a dozen time, and this is my least favorite hotel. The front desk was not friendly and the room was loud.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank loveambergris
Bluadvance, Direttore at Bernini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your precious feedback.

We are really sorry for the inconvenient caused.

The room 205 is a very nice and big room with new soundproof windows anyway we are very sorry but the Hotel was fully booked and we were not able to offer you a room on the upper floors.

Looking for welcoming you back at the Bernini Palace Hotel we remain,

With best regards,

David Foschi - General Manager
Sun City West, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for six nights in May as part of a Tauck tour.

The hotel has an exceptionally good location. The Uffizi Gallery is a 5 minute walk away, as is the Bargello Museum. The Duomo, Baptistery and Duomo Museum are about a 10 minute walk. The Academia Museum is a 20 minute walk. We walked back from our visit to the Pitti Palace.

The hotel room was more expensive than the others we stayed at during our five week European vacation. The room was significantly larger than those in the other hotels where we stayed. We had two comfortable cushioned chairs, with a small table in between, and a desk with a chair. We could have danced on the large wood floor. There was a closet where we could hang clothes, and it had a few drawers. As with the other hotels we have seen in Europe, there was no dresser in which to unpack one's clothes. My husband left his nearly full suitcase on a luggage rack, as did I.

The dining room where we had breakfast was very pleasant. The food was very good. Helpful friendly polite staff brought new coffee quickly, and removed dirty dishes.

There is a self-service laundromat within a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

We were dissatisfied with the free internet service at the hotel. This is the only hotel we visited in France or Italy where we were told that we could have only one internet login password per person, not one login per device. I was able to get wifi on my smartphone but not my iPad. My husband chose to get internet on his iPad and forego using wifi on his smartphone. I was also not happy that even though we checked in for a six day stay, we were issued only three day internet passes. When they expired, we had to run back to the front desk, and were issued one day internet passes. The whole internet situation is bothersome and would be horrible for a business traveler. Our Tauck guide talked with the hotel staff; and they told her that the hotel is soliciting bids on upgrading the internet service.

This is a lovely hotel and overall I give it 5 of 5.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LynnCactusWren
Bluadvance, Direttore at Bernini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I’m delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience with the wi-fi, cause of some actions we was making on the connection that week the service had some problems. At the moment the wi-fi is not more limited and is regularly working. Sorry again, I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon,
kind regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our second trip to this beautiful city has been one of our best holidays. We loved this hotel. We had an opportunity to upgrade for a small fee. We were given a suite room 405. It had some of the most magical views of Florence. It was like looking into a movie set. The staff were warm and welcoming. Our room was massive, with beautiful period furniture. The bed had 100% linen sheets. We were presented a number of welcome gifts including food, drink and some great reading material. We loved the bar area and daily breakfast was tasty. This property is so centrally located you could walk to anywhere in the city within 10 minutes. Thank you Hotel Bernini! We will come back again!!!

Room Tip: I'd pay a little more for the suite if aviliable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tnfonseca
With my best regards,
Orpington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here based on recommendation over the UK late Bank Holiday weekend.
the hotel is slap bang in the middle of the old town and you can walk to absolutely everything very easily. the hotel supplied map was sturdy enough so that its repeated use didn't result in it tearing all the time! The breakfast was great with ample choices served on our floor in a very ornate room. we arrived late and our room was the last to be occupied and we stayed on the 2nd floor. the room overlooked the piazza. whilst the room was not as sumptuous or full of the antiques shown on the wn site pictures it had everything we needed plus a bath and separate walk in shower. A truely lovely place to stay in Florence

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a specific floor (Tuscan) if you want the ornate rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bluadvance, Direttore at Bernini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your post. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay with us in the near future.
Kind regards,
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Right in the heart of Florence, near the Duomo. Short walk to major attractions and excellent dining. The hotel is elegant and beautiful. If you enjoy old world charm, with modern comfort, this is the perfect choice. The buffet breakfast is also excellent, with lots of options, including g eggs, excellent baked tortes And breads, and cheeses.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria J
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. We do have a great location here in Florenceto enjoy the local attractions by foot . Our breakfast offering is an ideal way to start the day after a restful nights sleep in our comfortable beds. I appreciate your recommendation about us and our team here and we hope to welcome you back soon.
With kind regards,