“Fantastic”

Bernini Palace Hotel
Ranked #32 of 421 Hotels in Florence
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights could not fault one thing, how anyone could is beyond me. Fab room, lovely and clean. Breakfast what you would expect in Europe. Would definitely stay again. Great location and a lovely place to come back to after walking miles during the day.

• Stayed August 2014
Bluadvance, Direttore at Bernini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your post, It is always a pleasure to receive such great comments from our guests here at the Bernini and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope you’ll visit us soon.
David Foschi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I'm straining my vocabulary to try to describe the Bernini, and really can't find the right description. It prides itself on its old fashioned style, I expect, deeply rooted in local Florentine tradition. Our room ( shown to us personally by the Head of Reception who chatted away warmly despite being tired after a busy summer), upgraded on arrival from Superior to Deluxe, drew a gasp from my wife, the hawkish of all critics, and had her taking photographs of every angle to show her friends back home. The room has everything including spaciousness, one could ask for; we were tired on our first night and ordered room service; succulent lamp chops which hit the spot. Breakfast is good. I can see where other reviewers who have given a critical rating on this might be coming from. The cooked option did not look appetising, and the cereal dispenser was blocked. Equally, the coffee was great, the bread rolls fresh and tasty, and the plentiful meats quite sufficient to launch a good start to the day, all served in a beautiful setting. So, one finds the this which delight, which shade out things which might detract. The location is remarkable it had me swivelling on my footstep on alighting from the taxi, just a ten minute stroll to the Il Duomo further up the Via del Pro Consolo. So, we're glad we forked out the money for this hotel, it is worth it, for a comfortable and stylish stay in Florence. One tip, not specifically linked to the hotel; watch out for the money exchange rates, I was charged 15per cent plus fixed fee on my withdrawal, which is just plain extortion. Using money in the wall machines I am sure would be better, but I haven't seen many of those in m path so far. A small shrug in what otherwise has been a lovely return to Florence after twenty five years when I was slumming it in a tent as a student !

Room Tip: I imagine there will be rooms looking out on the Square below which would afford a great view and at...
2 Thank Kevin O
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your words. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Bernini Palace. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Nicely decorated, comfortable rooms and great location. Lobby and bar are nicely decorated as well. Very helpful front desk, especially Valentina, who went out of her way to assist us. Also has knowledgable and talented bartenders. Highly recommend.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for you kind words. Our location is second to none, the hotel is right in the heart of Florence. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and our service. I'll share with pleasure your comments with my staff,
we hope to welcome you again,
best regards,
David Foschi,
Worcs
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It would appear from other reviews that some people will just nit pick about anything. We stayed at this hotel in celebration of our silver wedding anniversary. Hotel reception were not informed prior to arrival why we were there. We were warmly greeted upon arrival at reception, shown to our beautiful room and given details of the hotel and local tours.
Our room was kept spotlessly clean and the bed was turned down each evening and a token gift welcomed us on return to the room.
I am reasonably well travelled, but I have to say that the bed in our room was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The bathroom with his and hers sinks, bidet, bath and shower was huge.
Breakfast was included during our stay. Previous reviewers have complained of lack of variety. This is not the case. A selection of fresh juices, cereals, yogurt, pastries, bacon, scrambled eggs, cold meats vegetables and fruit are on offer. All served in the most beautiful room with frescoes on the ceiling. The staff were courteous and friendly. What more can you ask for?
Staff throughout the hotel were courteous and kind without being intrusive. Free wifi was provided for up to 3 devices.
The hotel is centrally located for all of the 'must see' attractions that you visit Florence for.
This hotel is beautiful, in a gorgeous location. Perfect for a romantic break or just sightseeing. I was personally devastated to check out. I still have things left to do in Florence and if I have the opportunity to return, it would be to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor was quiet not overlooking the street.
3 Thank herbiemomma
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your post. It is always a pleasure to receive such great comments from our dear guests here at the Bernini and thank you for choosing to stay with us for your anniversary! We look forward to welcome you soon,

Montreal
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The best part about the Bernini is its wonderful location. It is a short walking distance to the majority of the Florence must see sites. The rooms are very nice but are becoming a bit dated........still very decent.
The biggest issue in my opinion at this hotel is the customer service is lacking. The concierge services leaves a lot to be desired once compared to some other hotels I have experience in Italy. The front desk is sort of indifferent to the guests and their knowledge of local dining spots is pretty thin. Daily maid service is spotty at best. Times for room cleaning and servicing are inconsistent which makes trips back tot he hotel during your touring inconvenient.

If you are independent and do not rely on these services, the location is great.

5 Thank BigzMontreal
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your post. I'm really disappointed regarding our bad services and I'll try to understand what's happened with you, usually our concierge and the staff are very helpful with all our clients, Regarding the rooms, during the last two years the hotel has benn renovated and we are going to go ahead with the refurbishing with the respect of the original and preciuos style of this wonderful property. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit at the Bernini.
With my best regards,
David Foschi,
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect location. Breakfast a bit average (paying 6 euros for overdone poached eggs in a 5* hotel is pretty poor) , but made up for by the incredible room (we had the Tuscan deluxe and it was lovely).

If would have been nice to have the concierge acknowledge it was our honeymoon with a token gesture or something.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew W
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your post. I'm sorry we didn't know you were in honeymoon, of course we use to dedicate special care to honeymooners. Thank you very much for choosing the Bernini for your special occasion,
I remain at your disposal for any further visit in Florence and at the Bernini,
with my best regards,
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Last time I was in Florence was in 2005 and stayed at the Bernini Palace Hotel for 1 week. The rooms are so elegant that you never want to leave. The location is perfect and in walking distance to many sights, shopping & restaurant's plus it is very quiet. There is a large room where you have breakfast with many assorted items which are all fresh. I highly recommend this beautiful hotel and will definitely go back!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JaninPV
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your nice post! I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay, we hope to welcome you back again,
with my best regards,