“Very nice hotel”

FH Grand Hotel Mediterraneo
Ranked #179 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for five nights, we had the junior suite, very spacious two rooms with two balconies with great views. The hotel is near everything and just walking distance to all the attractions helpful staff. In general we enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If possible go for the upper floor junior suite, great space and great views. Worth the splurge. Roo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelmedfi, web analyst at FH Grand Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Clients,
we thank you for your review, we are very happy that you liked our new floor.
In the top floor there are junior suite room where you slept, panoramic deluxe room and the nicest room we have the Golden house suite.
we look forward to your next trip in Florence, you can try it!

best regards

Alessio Maggi
web analyst

Write a ReviewReviews (2,194)

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Good Location to the activity of the city and the central places, river across the street. Clean well appointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JackWG
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Good location. Nice accommodation. OK breakfast. But staff attitude was not great at all. Had run in with concierge who was less than helpful when we wanted to cancel a driver. But the main irritant for me was no iron or ironing board in the rooms and no prospect of getting one. " leave your shirts in for the laundry" was the only solution. Not much good when you want it done NOW! Honestly this was the first time this has ever happened to me other than on a ship where it is a safety issue.
Apart from that not a bad experience and the restaurant next door is very good and well run.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vincent0854
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I wasn't really able to enjoy myself as much as I wanted to. There were way too many tourist buses nonstop, therefore it was overcrowded at times. The staff may have been a little undermanned for such a rush of people but I'm sure they handled it as best as they could have. I'm not sure if there was a special event going on but there were constant bus loads of people.

I also received confusing information as far as my pets. I was told that it was fine if I bought them. I received numerous compliments on how well they were behaved from the staff and guests. People even took pictures with my dogs. With them being trained show dogs, I receive this kind of attention very often. Even a nice young man on their staff bought my dogs a bone!

The part that was confusing is an older man that was working, the bellhop I'm guessing told my friend that it was hotel policy/regulation to have mussels on my dogs or we could not stay. No one told us this at all, and then as soon as this incident happened, I received a call from the desk saying that my dogs were running the corridor??? This was strange because I never let the dogs roam without leashes, and even at the time, hotel guests were taking pictures with my dogs. The only person that had something negative to say was the older man, so I'm still a little lost as far as what really happened because it was never clarified.

As far as service, there were three people that had the best service hands down to me overall. I wish I remembered their names. One was the woman that worked the American Bar...The other two were a young woman and young man that were wearing black suits and showing people to their rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Located right along the river front, and about a mile and easy walking distance from the city center, this is a great hotel to stay in. The restaurant is very good also. There is a stand up bar across the street in the park along the river front.

Room Tip: We had a balcany view of the river. Great room and we slept with the slider open. Could be noisey...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Crammed with people, plastic cups for nearly everything. Staff run off their feet. Didn't enjoy at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jimbells
Reviewed 22 May 2012

A comfortable and well presented hotel in the mid-range price level. For what is provided (location, room amenities and ample breakfast), its good value for money.

A clean room, with facilities all working is always a good thing. The air con was way too warm and we couldn't adjust it, so had to crank the window to open to let in some winter's air....worked well!

As for breakfast, more than you can eat...it was good!

Room Tip: choose a room not facing the road the hotel is on, it'll be quieter and make for a better sleep...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple