“Fabulous!”
Review of Park Palace Hotel

Park Palace Hotel
Ranked #154 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just returned from a four day stay at The Park Palace. What a fabulous place! The setting is beautiful and the short walk down to the centre of Florence was one of the highlights of the trip.
Each day we returned to relax by the pool, which provided the perfect end to the day.
I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. They were friendly, accommodating and just couldn't do enough for us.Thank you all for making our stay so wonderful.Will we return to The Park Palace? You bet!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thrumhall

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I recently spent three nights here in a stunning room with a balcony.
The hotel is a twenty minute walk into Florence or the local bus Is right outside.
The hotel is also
Conveniently located near Piazzale Michelangelo where you have magnificent views of the sun setting over Florence.
The pros are the wonderful staff, the great rooms, the lovely breakfast and the overall atmosphere.
If you don't want the hustle and bustle of the tourist area within Florence this is the place for you.
We didn't use the pool but it looked very inviting and the sitting area was very plush and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and obliging. The cons...
I would say if you weren't up to walking or getting the bus each way you could find this difficult as the walk back is quite steep.
The only thing we found difficult was the fact that there is only one restaurant within walking distance of the hotel and our experience here was poor. At the end of a long hard day sightseeing this could be inconvenient.
We had a wonderful time here but were disappointed when we returned to our room an hour prior to check out to have a coffee and enjoy our surroundings one last time, only to find they had closed off our sitting area and balcony before we even checked out.
I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to rest and relax out of the hustle and bustle of Florence

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a balcony which was over the entrance to the hotel. It was lovely to sit an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tangels01
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We found the Park Palace to be the perfect place for us to spend our break in Florence.
Not everyone has the same requirements but......
This is what we enjoyed:
Being away from the crowds!
The breakfast! - sitting outside overlooking the lovely pool and garden eating a lovely range of fresh food, delicious fruit, bread ham cheese, pastries and good coffee.
The walk into Florence! Stunning views!
The views from our bedroom window- oh my gosh, wonderful!
The antique furniture in the building.
The lovely pool and garden, the water is a little 'bracing' but clean and relaxing. Previous reviewer who suggested that the tree overlooking the pool should be chopped down, noooo! Its so beautiful!
Nice friendly staff, efficient and polite. We did have trouble with the air con on the first night, and its noisy, but hey this is a lovely old building, and it was fixed immediately. If you want quiet efficient mod cons stay in a modern hotel.

And the not quite so good.....
Our room wasn't 'quite' as nice as we anticipated for the money, a little small and quite plain with minimal soft furnishings. Hard bed and pillows (owch) but some may prefer this of course. The bathroom was lovely though, all very clean.
The parking charge (we had trouble squeezing our little fiat in between the other badly parked cars) was too steep (13 euros per day) for an already moderately expensive hotel. Bit cheeky.

Don't know about the internet- too much of that at home, its banned on holiday! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cornishmonkeys
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my favorite hotel throughout my entire Italy trip. Only about a ten minute walk from the hotel off the beaten path through the local drag to get into the main tourist area of Florence. The bus stops literally right in front of the hotel, from the train station, take the 12 bus to piazzale galileo. The very next stop is the piazzale Michelangelo, which is a must see! The hotel is very welcoming, and traditionally decorated. The staff, especially now my new friend, Alessandra, is so helpful and kind. The rooms are big and the bathroom as well with a large tub/shower, and on our floor we had a little mini library right at our finger tips! So cute! Plus the view from our window was right out of a movie. Good value for your money and the restaurant 5 minutes from the hotel, traveste il principe was the best meal I had in a long time, the view overlooks Ft. Belvedere. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank allisono192
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Location is perfect for it's price. Good breakfast, very good dinner for a very reasonable price. Reception spoke very good English. I would book here again a next time!

Internet is not that fast, specially when you are on the top floors. Parking is 10 euro per day, which is steep if you consider that there are not really parking lots, you just have to park in some kind of gravel area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henk M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Park Palace for 5 night and had a relaxing time.

The hotel is convenient to the main bus route which makes access to the town convenient via the public bus system. A number 12 bus ( which can be picked up at the main train station) stops outside the hotel - bus stop galilei 01 cost about 1.20 euro .

the hotel is well equipped with small swimming pool, sun loungers, deck chairs and garden swing sest - so very comfortable and coffee and drinks can be served on the patio by staff who are very obliging and polite.

The room was in the main building and like all properties of this type is full of character ( some reviews called this tired which is unfair and incorrect).

The dining room was again very pleasant and full of character and opened onto the patio for breakfast which was delightful.

The only slight criticism was breakfast which was a typical continental breakfast but lacked a little bit as there were no cooked options as standard. The automatic coffee machine was also a tiny issue as it was a bit slow and didn't dispense enough coffee at a time - this could be easily remedied.

The staff were very pleasant and full of suggestions for local restaurants.

I would thoroughly recommend the hotel and would use it again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked the Park Palace because of many of the glowing TripAdvisor reviews for it, and I must say- I feel led astray by TA's usually reliable reviews.

Upon arriving, I thought it had the potential to be kind of cool. Th main building is set in a big, old villa. At reception we were asked to leave our passports while we were shown to our room, which didn't make feel super comfortable. We followed the woman out of the main part of the hotel and to this outbuilding where our room turned out to be. The woman who showed us to our room was very nice, but after she opened the door and we entered, I turned to ask her a question and she had already turned and left and the door slammed shut. Th building smelled strongly of vinegar masking mustiness. Our room, while huge, was very old and outdated and the bed was a rock.

When I went back to get our passports, since we weren't informed if they would be brought or what to do, the woman at the front desk was apparently writing our info down by hand... A little strange.

I was really disappointed that we were placed out in this other building instead of the hotel that I thought I was booking, and very unimpressed with the room and the grounds. I was looking forward to enjoying the pool, and while it turned out to not be hot enough that I would have, I wouldn't have used it in sweltering weather. It was grimy looking and the area wasn't groomed for people to enjoy it.

It was an uncomfortable room, the staff was not very inviting, and it was overall nothing special or enjoyable. The bathroom was large and somewhat nice, but it just can't balance the downsides of everything else. The towels also stunk of vinegar. We were happy to leave.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple