“Good location”

Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio
Ranked #77 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

To begin with, the staff were all very polite, and helpful which was a good start. Although things unravelled about 30 seconds after this.

The hotel was under going some work and there was mess everywhere and white cloth laid down everywhere. We called the lift as we had heavy bags, after waiting ~5 minutes the lift came down and there were workmen with tools in it. I asked was there room to let us in. They said no, and closed the door.

After an exhaustive trip I was slightly losing my patience and decided to take the stairs, rather than waiting another age for the lift. A very helpful staff member did help bring my girlfriends bag up to our room and show us where it was.

Our room was basic in utility, the bed was rock hard (perhaps Fred flintstone was doin a deal on beds?) and I had joked that if you fell face first on the bed you may be making a trip to the hospital afterwards.
I will concede that some people enjoy a hard mattress, so I suppose it's personal preference, just be warned.

Saying all that, once we got into the bed we did have several fantastic nights sleep, and to be honest we could barely leave the bed in the morning. I felt like I had been drugged! I'll put this down to walking and travelling all day, but you will have a quick and peaceful nights sleep.

If you are tall you will have difficulty in the bath/shower and the standing area us quite small, but manageable.

If your English speaking, there is bbc world, cnn. Good if you like news. Another thing was our tv made a high frequency drilling like noise. Although only on English speaking channels. I had went to reception as I thought those pesky workmen were drilling all night, but we had resolved it was the tv. Solution was to turn it off.

There is free wifi which was a life-saver as I couldn't get proper service with my iPhone, so that gets them a good point.

The breakfast was simple continental, fruit and bread and cereal. If you are lactose intolerant look forward to several breakfasts of bread rolls, but since most hotels I visit don't have lactose free/soya milk, can't complain but would add to service.

Would like to say the male staff member was v. Good (tall, blond) at breakfast, as once the workmen tried to walk through the breakfast area while we were dining and he made them turn round and use another route. Don't know what he said as was Italian, but was glad someone told them off for a change!

On our last day, they will hold your bags, if you wanna still go round the city/late flight etc. which is good.

On reflection: location is perfect, service v. Good, workmen need told to respect guests/dining areas/lift areas. Room although basic is adequate for holiday and fault it much.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dps17
VivaPittiPalace, assistant manager at Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I apologize if you had to suffer some inconvenience due to our maintenance works. We tried to create a minimal impact andgave strict instructions to all the people involved.
Despite these inconvenience I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Florence and that you could get a proper rest after walking around all day!
I hope that you will return soon, maintenance is over at last! we now shine in our new look, all rooms are now refurbished and the terrace bar is brand new!
Thank you for your patience and look forward to welcoming you again

Regards

Assistant manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a lovely hotel that is centrally located to everything. The staff went out of their way to help when our luggage did not arrive for 3 days. I stayed there in November during the marathon and the race passed the hotel twice. So much fun!. Breakfast each morning on the roof top was a delight. I plan to make this my permanent hotel in Florence when I visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LindaLane336
VivaPittiPalace, assistant manager at Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving a review about us! I am glad you had fun with our annual Marathon and hope to welcom you again in Florence

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Went in Dec13 for a weekend. Even though this wasn't our first choice, due to a mix up with our booking, it turned out to be a wonderful hotel that we would happily stay again. Our room 407, was nice and clean, without noise coming from outside or from other rooms. The bed was comfortable, all the plumbing was working well, the room temperature was just right. We were given a code for wi-fi that when I wasn't able to connect a second device, the concierge immediately gave me a second code and it worked perfect. Even though the breakfast provided was of standard variety, everything was fresh and tasty. The views are great too like other reviewers said. There is a complimentary drink to have on arrival as well. Also, it's very easy to get to the hotel from the airport because it's right on the on the edge of the pedestrianised centre and there is a taxi rank right outside to head back at the end of your stay. It's worth taking a taxi from the airport because it's a standard price of 22 euros, while the bus just to the railway station is 6. Location is great, right by Ponte Vecchio, and close to close to all the monuments etc. The best bit is that the nearby roads (Borgo S Jacopo and Santo Spirito) are full of lovely trattorias, wine bars etc. So at the end of your evening, you are only a few minutes walk away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 407 had a nice view towards Ponte Vecchio.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EriBN3
VivaPittiPalace, vice direttore at Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Madame

Thank you so much for your review and for spending your week end with us, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and wish to welcome you again soon

S Bisconti
Ass. Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The location of the hotel is really, really good. This was important to me as I was traveling alone. It's right by the Ponte Vecchio and very close to everything in Florence. Staff was very nice, very helpful. The rooms were decent size, considering the nightmares I've heard about at other hotels. Breakfast was excellent, with lots of good options. Plus it's on the roof with such an amazing view. I recommend going at night for the wine tasting.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank vcramer25

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review about our Hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and wish to welcome you again soon

S Bisconti
Assistant mgr

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here 19/20 Jan 2014. Great location and fabulous views over the city. Had superior room which was very clean and comfortable. Staff were generally pleasant and helpful. Was not particularly impressed with the breakfast: lots of it but awful coffee, tasteless ham and cheese. However, there was a good choice so you could fill up to start off the day. I would recommend the Trattorio further down Borgo San Jacopo which served Wild Boar, Pici pasta and all sorts of lovely Tuscan delicacies at a good price. This hotel is very well placed for the Uffizi and Pitti Palace as well as all the posh shopping streets. January was a good time to come as temperatures were still about 12/13C and there were NO queues anywhere!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank poos13

Dear Guest

Thank you for wrting a review about us, hope to welcome you again

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I just finished a stay here while on my honeymoon in Europe and this place was pretty close to perfect. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the location was amazing. This hotel is located right of the Ponte Vecchio and is close to everything that you would want to visit while you are in Florence.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ctmarie29
VivaPittiPalace, Responsabile reception at Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

What could we wish more than a review titled "Perfect"? Thank you for staying with us for such a special occasion in your life and thank you for taking some time to leave your kind comments.
We look forward for your next stay in Florence!
Best regards!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Location couldnt be better - steps away from the edge of Ponte Vechio. Was dissapointed that the rooms were so so so small - felt like a monks cell! Continental breakfast was okay but waiters not to solicitious. They were very helpful in guiding me to good restuarants and best museums. Wouldnt repeat though - just too too small size of room. It was nice to be so close to attractions - could go back to room to regroup and after a rest be close to everything again.

Room Tip: make sure you ask how big your room is!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank nancy54058

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to read you enjoyed your trip Florence.
We are sorry for your disappointment about rooms size, italian standards are surely different from you are used to but we'd like you to know, in case you plan to come back, that we also have larger rooms available (superior rooms and junior suites).
Our best regards!