“Amazing location and views from the roof terrace.”

Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio
Ranked #77 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I just spent three nights at the Pitti Palace hotel. The room was lovely, cleaned every day - certainly no smaller than other hotels we have stayed in. The location is fantastic, right on the edge of the Ponte Vecchio and directly opposite the Vasari Corridor which was the main reason for our trip. The view from the roof terrace is spectacular, especially at night. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for as high up as possible to get the best views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
VivaPittiPalace, vice direttore at Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay with us, I am glad that you had a nice stay in Florence and hope to welcome you again soon

S. Bisconti
Assistant Mgr

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The hotel is just in front of the Ponte Vecchio bridge. There's a public parking near but you need to reserve a place. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the roofs of Florence. The rooms are new and very tastefully decorated.

Room Tip: I went in low season and got a great deal on a suite.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldofMike
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Fantastic location within easy walking distance of all the local attractions. Clean but smallish rooms but more than adequate for a short stay. Helpful friendly staff.

When we visited builders were on site refurbishing the third floor but they were unobtrusive and this was no problem.

Great views from the terrace.

1  Thank HamphireBob
VivaPittiPalace, assistant manager at Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your leaving a review about your stay with us, I am glad that you enjoyed Florence and hope to welcome you again

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had a very disappointing stay at this hotel. Together with another couple we booked and paid in advance for superior rooms for four nights through Secret Escapes. We presumed that the reason for the Secret Escapes offer was due to February/March being out of season.

Firstly, during our stay the hotel was undergoing extensive refurbishment with 2 floors closed off and the lounge area out of use. We had not been warned that the hotel was undergoing refurbishment. There was much noise and dust, men were working on rooms on our floor and doing re-wiring in our corridor. On quite a few occasions we had to walk the 5 floors up to our room because the one lift was being monopolised by the workmen and indeed we had to carry our cases down the stairs on the morning of our departure. No-one apologised or expressed any concern or asked after our welfare. I suffered from the dust, I have no idea how someone with asthma would have coped. Our belongings were covered in builders dust. We had to climb over workmen in the corridor. The landing carpet was covered in big dusty footprints and the carpets on the stairs and lift were covered with hazardous loose fitting dust sheets.
The reception staff were generally somewhat off-hand.

Secondly, we realised half way through our stay that we had not been given the superior rooms for which we had paid. The man on the desk that afternoon was reluctant to check our booking and when he did he seemed unconcerned. He simply said that due to the building works he didn’t have any superior rooms available. The manager was not there and he said that he would raise it with his manager who would speak to us, but we heard nothing further, the word ‘sorry’ did not pass his lips. There was no explanation, refund or apology offered. The manager had five days in which to speak to any one of us but still to date we have heard nothing.

We would certainly not stay here again since customer satisfaction seems very low on this establishment's list of priorities.

Room Tip: I can't offer a tip as I won't be returning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MrsMayfield

Dear Guest

I read your review and I am uitterly sorry that you went through all these inconveniences. We have tried togive as little disruption as possible during our maintenance and I apologize that we did not succeed with you.
Unfortunately there must have been a misunderstanding, or even an oversight as I was not informed properly of your unsatisfaction. I apologize for not beeing there to help and to listen to your needs.
Once again, I extend sincere apologies from me and all the staff. I hope that you will return to Florence, I will be happy to meet you even for just a drink together in our Terrace

Sincerely

Sabrina Bisconti
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Booked as part of a package through British Airways our expectations weren't high, but we needn't have worried. Reached by an interesting 15 minute walk through town from the main railway station (we could have taken a taxi), the hotel was very easy to locate at one end of the Ponte Vecchio. The friendly and efficient staff soon had us settled in our large newly decorated and well equipped room on the second floor. Plenty of drawer and hanging space in the neat lobby next to the compact but newly fitted bathroom.
A quick trip up to the sixth floor bar and restaurant, which serves as the breakfast room in the mornings, and we knew we had made a sound choice. Great views, good selection of beverages and a very smiley, friendly barman.
The third floor was undergoing refurbishment during our stay but this was in no way an inconvenience and the work mostly went on unseen and unheard.
Position wise this hotel is perfect. It is only a five minute walk or so to all the main points of interest over the bridge and into the city or by turning right out of the hotel, five minutes to the incredible Pitti Palace and gardens.
The continental style breakfast was excellent, with a choice of fruit, cereals, toast, yoghurt, rolls, meat, cheese, cake etc. and as much coffee as you could drink; all topped up continuously by the friendly and efficient staff.
Yes, there is street noise, but that is to be expected in the busy hub of a narrow streeted old city, and we can hardly criticise those that work late into the night and from early morning to get a job done or clean up before we visitors make the streets impassable.
We would certainly stay at the Pitti Palace Hotel again.

Room Tip: All rooms have views of sorts but don't expect those aerial views over the city.
2  Thank Clactonian

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we just reopened the second floor after a full refurbishment and you were one of the first to occupy one of the rooms! So it is important to have your feedback just to know if we have done a good job!
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Florence and hope to welcome you again

ASSISTANT MGR

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

To begin with, the staff were all very polite, and helpful which was a good start. Although things unravelled about 30 seconds after this.

The hotel was under going some work and there was mess everywhere and white cloth laid down everywhere. We called the lift as we had heavy bags, after waiting ~5 minutes the lift came down and there were workmen with tools in it. I asked was there room to let us in. They said no, and closed the door.

After an exhaustive trip I was slightly losing my patience and decided to take the stairs, rather than waiting another age for the lift. A very helpful staff member did help bring my girlfriends bag up to our room and show us where it was.

Our room was basic in utility, the bed was rock hard (perhaps Fred flintstone was doin a deal on beds?) and I had joked that if you fell face first on the bed you may be making a trip to the hospital afterwards.
I will concede that some people enjoy a hard mattress, so I suppose it's personal preference, just be warned.

Saying all that, once we got into the bed we did have several fantastic nights sleep, and to be honest we could barely leave the bed in the morning. I felt like I had been drugged! I'll put this down to walking and travelling all day, but you will have a quick and peaceful nights sleep.

If you are tall you will have difficulty in the bath/shower and the standing area us quite small, but manageable.

If your English speaking, there is bbc world, cnn. Good if you like news. Another thing was our tv made a high frequency drilling like noise. Although only on English speaking channels. I had went to reception as I thought those pesky workmen were drilling all night, but we had resolved it was the tv. Solution was to turn it off.

There is free wifi which was a life-saver as I couldn't get proper service with my iPhone, so that gets them a good point.

The breakfast was simple continental, fruit and bread and cereal. If you are lactose intolerant look forward to several breakfasts of bread rolls, but since most hotels I visit don't have lactose free/soya milk, can't complain but would add to service.

Would like to say the male staff member was v. Good (tall, blond) at breakfast, as once the workmen tried to walk through the breakfast area while we were dining and he made them turn round and use another route. Don't know what he said as was Italian, but was glad someone told them off for a change!

On our last day, they will hold your bags, if you wanna still go round the city/late flight etc. which is good.

On reflection: location is perfect, service v. Good, workmen need told to respect guests/dining areas/lift areas. Room although basic is adequate for holiday and fault it much.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dps17
VivaPittiPalace, assistant manager at Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I apologize if you had to suffer some inconvenience due to our maintenance works. We tried to create a minimal impact andgave strict instructions to all the people involved.
Despite these inconvenience I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Florence and that you could get a proper rest after walking around all day!
I hope that you will return soon, maintenance is over at last! we now shine in our new look, all rooms are now refurbished and the terrace bar is brand new!
Thank you for your patience and look forward to welcoming you again

Assistant manager

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a lovely hotel that is centrally located to everything. The staff went out of their way to help when our luggage did not arrive for 3 days. I stayed there in November during the marathon and the race passed the hotel twice. So much fun!. Breakfast each morning on the roof top was a delight. I plan to make this my permanent hotel in Florence when I visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LindaLane336
VivaPittiPalace, assistant manager at Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving a review about us! I am glad you had fun with our annual Marathon and hope to welcom you again in Florence
regards