“Best ever”

Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Essex
“Best ever”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We visited this place several times while in Florence. The best ice cream I have ever had (and I have done some extensive research on the matter....). The staff were so friendly, you could sit outside for no extra charge and watch the world go by. One of the staff noticed me making a note of the name and address of the place (as i wanted to recommend it to a friend who was visiting Florence a few weeks after us) and they came out and gave me a business card. I couldn't pick a favourite flavour as I loved them all. I preferred this place by far to 'Perci No' which was the best recommended place in our guide book as it was a lot quieter and you weren't hurried into making a choice.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
“Holy crap”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Best gelato in Italy. I had three cones and you can get a cone and 2 scoops for a ?. Amazing! I reccomend the Chocolate flavor. It is rich and creamy, and a must have. Friendly staff add up to create the best gelato experience you'll ever have. I'm going there everyday now.

New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best best best gelato ever!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Even though Gelateria Artigianale is run by Persians, it is by far the best gelato I have ever had - the best gelato in Florence, hands down, at least. Every ingredient is fresh and the gelato feels just so organic. The serving sizes are great and their pistachio gelato is SO GOOD! Definitely something I went and had everyday when I was in Florence. And it wasn't just me - my friends were soon converted too.
So much better than the commercial places between Piazza della Signoria and il Duomo - they all taste manufactured and use unnatural ingredients.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank dmittal
South West London
“The best icecream in Florence”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

A tiny gelateria near the market - the best icecream of our two-week trip and delightful service. Blink and you might miss it, but if you're anywhere near San Lorenzo or the market try to find it. You won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Hotelsarelovely
“Best gelato and people in Florence”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

If your wanting to get away from the tourist traps of Florence, here is your place. Great quality & flavoursome ice cream (must try the cheesecake). Seating out front to enjoy the happenings of the piazza. Friendly and livley people that all work there. Highly recommended!
Also great fresh panini bar next door, which you will crave, once your home.