“dark chocolate”

Ranked #193 of 214 Dessert in Florence
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Description: Chocolate and gelato.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“dark chocolate”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I went there with my mother in October 2011 after dragging her through the streets , I sat her outside the shop and brought her the hot chocolate and a candid mandarin, her verdict , the best hot chocolate she has had ever .

• Visited October 2011

San Diego, California
“Love their dark hot chocolate!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

I was just there in Nov 2012. Best "dark" hot chocolate ever! It's like drinking the top skin off of chocolate pudding. OMG is it great. I'm back now the alley/street looks like its closed (5 days ago)? I'm hoping on vac? Hard to find. This is it. Walk to Tiffany. Face it. This place is directly behind you. Turn around. See the small street/alley. Walk in 15ft, it's there on the left, or was? I'll try again

Montreal, Canada
“Good chocolate, but average service”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Second time there. This time I tried the chocolate cake. It is average, i have expected better taste. The lady that was there was not very friendly and more interrested in talking to a friend that just arrived. I was disappointed this time.

• Visited February 2012
Florence, Italy
“The best choccolate in Firenze!!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Roberto Catinari has a passion for chocolate. Luck for us is that he made a businnes of it!!
Try his dark hot choccolate, or the terrific ice cream or even indulge yourself with his super variuos pralines.... mmmhhh.... delicious!! And the staff working there is super kind!! Thanks guys! ;-))

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank LarryFlies
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Gelato and Chocolats!!!”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I stayed in Florence during 3 days, the place is amazing and you find Gelatos (ice-cream) at almost every corner. Seems that the majory of the gelato shops buy their gelatos from the same place (with a few exceptions). Following my last night dinner in Florence, my wife and I went for a walk once I spoted at the entry of a long corridor the Sign "ARTE del Cioccolato". I went trough this long corridor with white walls, candles and benches. At the end is the store displaying chocolats of different sizes and formats. They have also hot chocolat and gelato, only a few flavors. The chocolat is artizanal and prepared by a man that I forgot the name.
I asked for the dark chocolat gelato. It is amazing! Creamy, real chocolat flavor, delicious. Nothing to do with the other gelatos that I tasted at the other Gelaterias in Florence! Do not miss it!

• Visited September 2011