“Excellent, Renovated Hotel”
Review of Hotel Rapallo

Hotel Rapallo
Ranked #24 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Rapollo in Florence is an excellent, newly renovated hotel. The rooms were modern,
stylish, and everything was new. Great bathroom and very reasonable rates. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Highly recommend Rapallo Hotel.

Robert H., Templeton, CA, USA

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

was very nice to meet you, best regards waiting soon for you in florence once more
lorenzo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We spent 3 nights here and there is hardly anything negative I can say about it. The room was spacious with lovely walk-in wardrobe, comfortable bed and nice design. All the managers were extremely friendly and helpful and spoke good English. The breakfast was also very good - nothing extraordinary but all the basics were there: a selection of cereals and muesli and yogurts croissants, fresh bread and toasts, ham, cheese and eggs, fruit and some Italian cakes and biscuits. One morning they served a Florentine speciality - a type of bread and butter pudding - absolutely delicious. There was a slight discomfort one night: the electricity box started to make rather loud noise and we had to just turn it off and sleep without electricity and air-conditioner but it was fine next day. The location is probably the weakest feature of the hotel: it is a bit of a walk from the main squares. But I can imagine it would be much much more expensive if you put such a nice hotel next to Piazza della Signoria! Almost forgot, there was a convenient machine with soft drinks on the 3rd floor - great to get a drink in te middle of the night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aallssuu
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

dear guest
his commentary is great, it's not my job to say this, but the details and descriptions are perfect. a good reviewer is also seen from these things. coming to us, I am particularly pleased that so experienced a traveler has enjoyed our renovated hotel, where the care and attention which is a heritage, a tradition for our family of hoteliers, they are renewed. we value our traditions, and I am sure that the cake florence, recipe of the great artist Pellegrino Artusi, remains in his memory, as his stay in Florence, and his kindness to us so equally memorable.
friendliness

Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed here for our one night in Florence. The hotel was very easy to find from the train station. It was just minutes walking from the main attractions and some really good restaurants (David, Duomo, etc). The number 12 Bus stops right by the hotel, which was great because after a long day of walking, we just hopped on from Piazzale Michelango across the river and were taken straight back.
The staff is super friendly and warm.. and very helpful with tips and advice on getting around Florence.
The hotel itself was modern and very clean. The rooms were also comfortable, with free water in the mini fridge. Our only complaint was that our double bed was two beds pushed together, and as a couple, it made it a bit uncomfortable in the night. So make sure to request and full double bed.
I would definitely reccommend this hotel for Florence.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sammie S
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

dear
Thanks for pointing out your stay in Florence, staying few nights in a city you can be appreciated and understood better the relative distance, also discover what is really something so near and far. And what is more important you learn to live a new space and conquer it: pleased that the hotel's services have been a comfort during your stay, we expect again to Florence and we'll remember most certainly all your particular need.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 June 2012

My sister and I enjoyed 2 wonderful days in Florence. This hotel is beautifully refurbished in stunning grey and white. The staff here are very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Lorenzo is a walking library of all things Florence, and a charming host. WiFi was free and there was a computer you could use in the lobby area. Walking distance from all main attractions and the street markets. Also close to the main Florence SMN railway station, and SITA regional buses. Thank you for a charming stay, and for mailing our postcards for us!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

dear, thanks for your comment, which leaves a memory in the additional pleasure of having known you. is particularly inviting to find travelers interested in and curious little details and to make new discoveries. we expect soon to have back your return, the postcards were mailed yesterday.

best greetings

Reviewed 29 May 2012

How a hotel handles challenges tells me a great deal about how the hotel is run. With that said, Lorenzo and team are top notch. When we first checked in we were taken to a superior room. When I explained I had booked a junior suite we were immediately given the junior suite with the terrace. We had an appointment for 1pm but that was not a problem because they made sure our luggage was transferred to the new room. We also had another challenge, but when brought to Lorenzo's attention, he resolved immediately. Again, how a challenge is handled tells you a great deal about how a hotel us run. There were no excuses, they just roll up their sleeves and resolve the issue. I would not hesitate to stay at HOTEL RAPALLO!

Location - a 15 minute walk (1 mile) from the Santa Maria Novella train station. The hotel is centrally located enough that you can get just about everywhere you want within a 20 minute walk. We walked everywhere except when we needed to meet our tour group at a location with which I wasn't familiar.

Hotel - absolutely beautiful rooms. Nice bathrooms, flat screen TV. Our room had a huge closet. Nice crisp clean white sheets and real towels. I am talking the kind of bath towels that just swallow you up and wrap round twice. White towels and sheets say a lot about a room and these scream elegance. Plenty of task lighting and overhead lighting as well. And let's not forget the free wifi.

Staff - again, I cannot say enough about Lorenzo and team. As a customer service professional, I recognize and appreciate good customer service. They also have excellent local recommendations for meals. I happen to mention how tired I was and would love some good lasagna but I didn't want to go out. Loreno informed me the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but can get food brought in. At the designated time, Lorenzo shows up at our door with lasagna and two glasses of red wine. He also had a beautiful white tablecloth and set up the meal on the patio. What a treat after such a long day in Florence. Now that is what I call excellent customer service.

Breakfast area and lobby - very clean and welcoming. Nice TV area and beautiful breakfast room. We had breakfast each day. Although it is quite different from the American breakfast that I am use to having, I did not go hungry for a lack of food.

Bottom line - you can spend all of your money at the Westins or other big hotels, but if you want to experience true Italian hospitality at its best, check in to the Hotel Rapallo and save some money to go shopping!

Grazie Lorenzo for making our trip to Florence so memorable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gvldiva
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Beloved, when about two months ago I finished cleaning our beautiful terrace, where you had a good memory of Florence, which I hope you'll take along with you, I thought of when two guests, they would have had the pleasure of spending a beautiful evening in late May, the view from our hills, the Tuscan wine tasting that everyone loves. Serve your small dinner was for me a great gift. I was glad of your happiness. and you have had the good taste to appreciate a good choice, and enjoy your own florence. Then many years have passed, and many faces, many problems that have used the notro staff has over 30 years of service to understand that what is really most important is customer satisfaction. It is not a marketing issue, but it's mostly human, listen, to understand the spirit of those who culutra and porvenienza, language may have needs that you can not even imagine, but you can understand, it tells you a lot of important an aspect of life , and what really conata in relations between people. This cultural aspect for us is very important, and be granted in addition to and serving our work is that understanding becomes shared and so that our guests can feel at home.
at soon,

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Was a brief stay in this hotel but thoroughly enjoyed it. The bedrooms were elegant, neat and very clean. Slightly out of the main bit but only a 10 minute walk and barely an inconvenience. Outstanding service and very friendly, helpful staff. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aman B
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

honored guests, thank you once again chose the hotel rapallo, and 'was still a pleasure to have our guests. The ristruttuazione gave all'labergo definitely a change, the distances are obvviamente remained the same, but with our tips, you can see things very interesting 5-minute walk, and I am glad that my advice will have been useful.

friendliness lorenzo

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Elegant and stylish interior with excellent bedroom. The free wifi in bedrooms is brilliant.
Friendly and helpful staff. Very close to large garden square and convenient for conference centre at Fortezza da Basso (10 min walk). My only criticism is the rather limited choice for breakfast. Would highly recommend for business travellers, couples or families.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

friendly guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel during his stay in Florence, and glad you have found it convenient for its proximity to the convention center and within easy reach. the breakfast buffet and meanwhile been greatly expanded with a greater choice of products, and we're still improving, according to the taste and the type of customers from different countries. While always maintaining the typical Italian. we hope to get it back to us soon, and thanks for his good advice