“"5* facilities in a 3* hotel"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Rapallo

Hotel Rapallo
Ranked #25 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Walsall
“"5* facilities in a 3* hotel"”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stayed at Rapallo hotel in Florence for 3 nights in October and had a wonderful time. I chose this hotel initially based on its proximity to the railway station and we also prefer to be in a quieter location away from city centre. On our arrival in Florence we had a shortish walk from the station (approximately 10 minutes pulling a heavy suitcase) to the hotel. The hotel is situated on quite a busy road but we found our room was on the top floor to the rear and was extremely quiet.On checking in we were immediately offered refreshments with tea, coffee,cakes and biscuits available throughout the day in the breakfast room (hint, there isn't usually any cold milk to put in our 'english style cup of tea ' but staff are very friendly and will readily go in search of some if requested!) Besides being very quiet and peaceful our room was also beautifully clean, well decorated and had all the facilities you could ask for which included as standard air conditioning, TV, fridge, tea/coffee. plenty of storage space, walk in wardrobe and safe. There were four complimentary bottles of water in the fridge which were replaced every day free of charge which was a pleasant surprise. The ensuite bathroom was superb, sparklingly clean and well fitted out and we slept very soundly in an extremely comfortable bed. Breakfast was varied and plentiful from 7-10, lots to choose from including cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruiit, ham and cheeses, croissants, pastries, cake, toast and if that's not enough there's a variety of omlettes available for a small additional charge. The walk to the sights of Florence took us anything from between 15/30 mins depending on the route that we chose, (not always the most direct one). The staff without exception were very polite and approachable, nothing was too much trouble and they were always willing to help and offer suggestions and advice if needed. There is free Wifi access in the hotel and there is also a computer available for the use of guests (with a new printer!)
We wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Rapallo Hotel to anyone considering a trip to Florence, can't believe it's only rated as a 3* hotel, it's one of the best we've stayed in in Italy and we shall certainly return if we visit Florence again,

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
honored guests,

thank you for taking your time to leave a comment so good and detail of your stay and the hotel. and 'was a pleasure to have you as our guests, and we hope soon to be able to serve again. a cordial greeting from the whole hotel

lorenzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Flore
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I came back in Florence for Halloween week end and naturally I chose the Hotel Rapallo where stay.
All Staff is kind and polite as usually.
For evening, they organized an excellent wine tasting with all tuscan specialties... like chees, and fruits, and ham .... I spent a great time and a I met new persons.
Thanks to Hotel Rapallo for hospitality. I suggest everybody to visit it. I will come back soon!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
dear
the promise to return has been maintained, as every promise that respect, and the joy of having given another special moment for all of us is priceless. Thank you for choosing to always be on our side
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We had a great and comfortable stay at Rapallo Hotel. Spent 5 nights there in October 2012. The staff were very helpful and engaging - helped us with our tour reservations, restaurant suggestion (special mention to Lorenzo and Mauro). The facilities in the room (TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea) were a nice surprise (didn't expect it from European, non-big chain hotel). Breakfast was included and it was sufficient to start us off our long day. But the best part, rather 2 of them, is the impeccably clean bathroom and the location. Not that far from the train station (we're 2 somewhat tiny ladies with heavy luggage and managed to walk there in one piece) and the main attraction sites (Doumo, Accademia, etc.). But not too close either so it is not noisy. I want to mention that on the day we checked out, my friend left earlier than I did as she had an earlier flight. I left my luggage with the Reception and collected it later that afternoon on my way to the airport. When I did, the Reception (sorry I didn't get his name) told me that an item has been found in the room and handed it to me (it was a wallet that my friend purchased that we didn't even realized was still in the room!). I think we hit a jackpot with this hotel. I'll definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Florence :)

Room Tip: Let the Reception know what you want and they will do their best to make it happen.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank l0ve8
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
that big jackpot with an excellent service, is a great victory for us, legere this appreciation is very important. the location, the attention of our waiter in the cleanliness and friendliness of our staff, are an important part, but in the end the customer satisfaction is a rappoarto of trust that is created and this is not in reality in priceless, and has a Relae value for us high. thanks for repay with your cosrtesia and your appreciation.
our customers are nice the job of the service

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We got our rooms at a great price, so we were very pleased with the rooms and the staff were very friendly. Easy to find from the train station and we walked to most of the wonderful sights of Florence and the markets. We would stay again. Our breakfast was fine and included in the room special and if you wanted hot eggs etc you just had to pay a small price.

• Stayed October 2012
dear guests
thanks for your comment, it was a pleasure meeting you and we hope to host you in our hotel again.
a greeting from all the staff

Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

The room and en-suite were spotlessly clean, the bed comfortable, the shower brilliant. Room was spacious (302) and elegantly furnished. The breakfast was good, but not as good as other free breakfasts I've had in cheaper hotels in Europe. Location was very convenient for walking to/from all main attractions and the Train Station

1. The free wifi was one of the reasons I chose this hotel. It turned out to be very unreliable and I constantly had to keep logging back onto it - not convenient. I even wasted an hour and a half one evening trying to print a ticket and the duty manager patronised me, suggesting that I was using their computer incorrectly... He should have offered to print the tickets for me, rather than allowing me to get more and more frustrated with the unreliable wifi and the PC they provide for guest use, which needs updating - you can't see the letters on the keyboard anymore! 2. I asked for an iron and ironing board but was advised there is not one available in the hotel. For the price I was paying, I was very disappointed that this basic facility was not provided for... 3. On my final night I returned to the hotel at approx 1am. The main entrance is locked after about 10pm and requires the duty manager to press a switch at reception in order for guests to get in. The duty manager was upstairs so couldn't hear me ringing the bell, so I was stuck outside for over ten minutes, unable to get into the hotel. Surely there should be a card reader outside so that guests can let themselves in??! These three things were annoying, but I did still enjoy my stay overall - I just feel that the price I paid means that these three things should not have been the case...

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest,

as the owner of the hotel, thank you for your comment, especially as he rightly pointed out, things have already started to solve. I'm really minimal things, but I realize that can change the perception of a very good quality of service that is always our ultimate goal. Rapallo hotel in fact like to give an excellent service to its customers because they are satisfied with their choice. Thanks again for your contribution.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

The hotel was within 10 mins walking distance from the railway station & 15 mins from the Ponte Vecchio, taking a ruote that passes by the Duomo, Piazza d. Signorella & the Uffizi. Decor was very stylish, rooms well appointed & clean. Staff were friendly & very helpful. Lovely breakfasts each morning & free coffee/biscotti in the afternoon. An excellent hotel with excellent service.

• Stayed October 2012
an excellent service, it's nice to hear it again, and appreciate soodisfazione of our customers when it is at maximum
thank you for leaving this nice comment

Penicuik, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Spent 7 nights here in October 2012. Thoroughly enjoyed, and highly recomended. We'd asked for a room with bathtub, but got one with a shower. Moved after one night when room with tub became available -- no fuss, just helpful staff. Tea and coffee in room -- not usual in Italy, and a welcome touch. Also really appreciated the water left in fridge each day. Very handy when out and about in sunny Florence. Breakfast set us up nicely for the day, and staff very pleasant and helpful here as well. Drinks and snacks left out each day were a very nice touch, and much appreciated. Very much a hotel to consider in Florence.
Straight walk from rail station, and within walking distance of most sites in Florence. Some people have commented on nearby park -- exercise caution at night, but didn't appear to be a problem.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
rapafi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
dear sir,
thanks for your comment, when we were together at the hotel we commented the time, and she thought at the time in the UK. here are two days that it rains on you. but when it stops, there are beautiful lights, and she would have liked to make great photographs. thanks for your valuable comment. and 'been a pleasure to serve you come back soon to see