“Excellent, comfortable hotel”

Ranked #25 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Durham, UK
“Excellent, comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This hotel was refurbished less than a year ago to a very high standard. Rooms very quiet and comfortable; and very clean. Towels changed every day. Family run in very convenient location. Good range of food for breakfast. Special feature is that they have coffee and snacks in the dining room from 5 - 8 pm. However on the day we arrived early afternoon we were encouraged to have the snack then. What makes the hotel special is the attitude of the staff, they really cared that we had a good time in Florence, giving us excellent tips for restaurants etc. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for leaving a souvenir of your stay, I am very pleased that you enjoyed. I hope there will be an opportunity for a new trip to florence
best regards
Lorenzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cary, NC
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This hotel is very easy to get to from the train station. It is lovely inside and rooms were very spacious for just the two of us. Lots of storage room for our things. Breakfast was lovely and I appreciated the use of the hotel computer each day to stay in touch with everyone at home. Snacks in the afternoon were always a welcomed sight. Would definitely stay here again. Very close to Lorenzo Market, which we loved.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 February 2013

It is a small hotel with only approx 20 rooms which gave us five stars hotel services.
They are very thoughtful by giving free coffee and snacks at all time and vending machine located on 3rd level of this hotel. Free wifi, walking distance from train station, spacious, clean and soundproof room, cable tv which is also available in english version. It was quite impressive while most of other hotels in Italy don't provide some of it.
Rapallo is the best hotel we stayed during our trip and we will definitely stay there if we go back ti Firenze.
Keep it up Rapallo!

2 Thank Pinkfloly
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
thanks for your comment, your entusiasno fills us with satisfaction. chepossiate hope to return soon in Florence, we will come and visit our small hotel, with great affection

Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This is a great little hotel within a few minutes of the start of the areas of most interest in Florence. Staff v friendly and welcoming, a great inclusve breakfast. Coffee tea and cakes every day. Rooms clean and beds v comfortabe. Free WiFi.

Room Tip: If iits warm and you like the window open ask for a room not on the main road.
1 Thank Chris W
thanks for your comment, come back soon in Florence, we will come and visit our small hotel, with great affection

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rapallo Hotel for one night during our Italian vacation. The hotel was an easy walk from the train station (if you follow the walking directions and not the driving directions). The hotel is a small boutique hotel located very centrally in Florence. The hotel was very clean, but small. When we arrived our room was not ready and the Manager on duty stored our luggage and directed us to a lovely Italian restaurant. He was incredibly friendly as I had read on several reviews. When we returned, a bit later, the night Manager was on duty. From the time we walked in the door it was a completely different atmosphere. He was not very friendly and acted as if he did not want to be bothered checking us in. He took a phone call mid-way through and upon returning abruptly handed us off to the bellman to take us to our room. Never explained breakfast, the snacks/drinks in the evenings, or when he would return our passports that he had already taken from us. When I asked him about our passports he very hastily asked that I come back in ten minutes. We booked our room through hotels.com and booked a standard room with a balcony and bath tub. Unfortunately, when we arrived at our room it was very small (even for Europe standards) and had no bath tub or balcony. The room actually looked out at a brick wall. When I went back down to get the passports, I took the hotel.com reservation to show the Manager. Upon looking at it he informed me that they do have these rooms, but that he never received my request. When I told him I was confused that it was on my confirmed reservation and I showed him the printed out reservation that clearly stated a balcony and bath tub he just looked at me. He did not attempt to rectify the situation or even apologize. I am not sure if this is an issue of the hotel or hotel.com, but unfortunately I paid for a room that I did not receive and the hotel made no attempt to even apologize. We were there for one evening so the room was fine, but I have read such great reviews of this hotel and how they go above and beyond to help and this was not my experience. My husband and I travel often and are not demanding travelers, but I do expect to receive what I have paid for and what is clearly spelled out on the reservation. When this does not occur, I do expect the hotel to at least act as if they care and attempt to rectify the situation or at a minimum give a sincere apology. Hopefully, this gentleman was having a bad night, because this was some of the worst customer service at a hotel I have experienced in a while. The next morning the day Manager was very apologetic when he asked us how the stay was and we explained what occurred the previous evening. In addition, we had a room right next to the elevator/stairs. You were able to hear anyone out in the hallway or anyone using the stairs. Also, early evening they played music throughout the common areas of the hotel and one of the speakers was directly outside of our room. We got to listen to Christmas music in our room (your call if this is good or bad). After my previous experience with the Manager, I never complained about the noise or music. My husband and I had a good laugh since the website stated the rooms are soundproofed. I think I was more disappointed because I booked the hotel based on all the great Trip advisor reviews. Other notes: The evening snacks and drinks are not worth the effort. Any alcoholic beverages you have to pay for and we were not told this in advance. I do not mind paying for a glass of wine, but it would be nice to know up front what is free and what is not. Plus you are in Italy, there is much better wine at some of the great restaurants. The breakfast the next morning was good. As mentioned, the hotel was very clean and in a great location, hopefully we just had an unfortunate experience with the customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator/stairs and contact the hotel directly for any requests such as...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Stacey H
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
dear
here there was a slip by us.
an error that is more of a distraction which I am very sorry. and I regret not having been able to remedy during your stay. two things are adored penalizing even where the Information may be valid: the lack of communication or a comunicaizone wrong. to you we do not only have we been able to communicate, but what we communicated, we communicated badly. and 'was a mistake, but to which we also know to fix it. I sincerely hope that this will be the occasion, do not miss the opportunity if you go to Florence to come back again, I can assure you that we can do much better. friendliness
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Modern, clean boutique hotel in Florence. Great breakfast, nice staff, walking distance to train station and the Duomo. We got the standard room which is on the small side but what we expected. (This is Europe.) So if a bigger room is important to you then I recommend upgrading to bigger sized room. But we didn't go to Florence to hang out in our hotel room. Good restaurants nearby....but it's just slightly away from the hustle and bustle around the Duomo. Feels more local. We would stay here again for sure. Convenient and a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
thanks for your comment, I am always very happy to read the satisfaction of our customers. I agree with the spirit of his journey, a good satisfaction comes from the right expectations and good organization. good service is our passion and clarity in information relaizzare what it promises.
come back soon it will be a pleasure Ribera a good glass of wine together

Suresnes, France
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Upon arrival at the central train station, we had a bit of difficulty figuring out a bus route to our hotel, as this is the public transit in Florence. We would eventually discover that the buses all run in one direction only, which is why we could not take our original bus as planned prior to arrival. We figured out our directions and walked. The hotel is actually quite easy to find walking from the train station; pretty much a straight shot. We were greeted at the hotel and shown to our room, which had a balcony, but it was not overlooking anything but the back of the hotel. The bathroom was good size and so was the room, which was good as we had an extra bed in the floor. Room had a safe, closet space, and free water in the mini fridge. We even borrowed wine glasses from the bar downstairs and were offered assistance opening our bottle as well. The breakfast area was charming and the selection of pastries and yogurt was as expected. Nice touch that punch and cookies were always available in the breakfast area as we made our way in from our sightseeing during the day. The only downside was that we had to travel by bus, or most often by foot, to get to any of the sites, as the hotel is not situated near anything we had planned to see.

Room Tip: Room 107 accomodated 3 guests quite nicely. "Balcony" faces back of hotel, not overlooking...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel. and 'a shame that the alebrgo is in Piazza Duomo, but on that I just can not do anything, but we can always suggest, and we invite our customers to do this, to see what we have around us. the famous david michelangelo is 500 meters from the hospital of the innocent, considered the first public monument Renaissance 700 meters, as the church of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapels, the upper room of St. apollonia, one of the most beautiful circles of the city at 400 meters. the museum of San Marco, very important for the work of one of the greatest painters of light, the blessed angels is 500 meters from us. Florence is a small city but with immense works everywhere, it is our good fortune, and we invite you to discover their curiosity. we try to make you fall in love with this city and to convince you to come back and visit

a greeting and see you soon