“Perfection”

Ranked #33 of 422 Hotels in Florence
NYC
“Perfection”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This hotel stay made Florence even better than excpected. Without asking we received a double upgrade to a suite. The room was amazing. Felt like a vip. Quality linens, towels, furniture....decor beautiful. Hotel lobby very old world and rich. Breakfasts were exceptioinal selection of foods and beverages. Loved this hotel and have since heard good things about the NH chains. Location ideal for touring Florence. Can't imagine any place outshining this for location and price. Would definately go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rabat, Morocco

Great location. 10 mins walk to all key sights

Modern, clean lined rooms. Great beds and pillows.

Internet is not great but it is free

Staff are very helpful.

Good continental breakfast.

No gym or pool.

Room Tip: Rooms looking on to porta Rossa are noisy at night
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We've stayed in NH Porta Rossa for four days , 2 couples, and I can say that the hotel is very clean , with very nice interior arhitecture , florentin style. All the amenities are fine, including breakfast . I've noticed a single problem: the windows are very thin and if you stay on the same side with via Porta Rossa, at the first floor, you will not sleep at all because the noise is too big.
Certainly I recommend this hotel and go back again.

Room Tip: Try to book higher floors not on Via Porta Rossa.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Having stayed in some excellent hotels in asia and the middle east I found a lot of European hotels sub par but the Hotel NH Porta Rossa is definitely an exception . The foyer drips history and class and staff are efficient and friendly. The rooms are massive by any standard with plenty of room in bedrooms and amenities. Cleaning staff are very good cleaning rooms as they become available not as per a schedule and leave plenty of soaps ect. It is based right in the middle of Town an easy walk from the train station(if you don't get lost). The only negative is being in the middle of town there is a lot of noise and rooms are not sound proof. The breakfast is sensational and staff genuinely try to ensure you have a lovely stay. There is free internet and air con however you do have to go to the bar to get tea or coffee. Over all I had a great experience on the Porta Rossa and would go back again.

Room Tip: Suites are worth the extra money
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We went to this hotel as part of our honeymoon. It was highly recomended by a friend who had recently been there. Initially I tried contacting the hotel directly to book a room and explain we wanted something special for the occasion. The person which replied to my email was very friendly and helpfull and offered to ugrade us for free upon arrival and upon availability. However, the hotel is part of the NH chain and this meant that by the time I forwarded the payment details, I had exchanged several emails, each time the receiver asking me about which hotel I was referring to and taking ages to process my queries. This led to a 30% increase in the rate offered by the time my payment was about to be processed. Dissapointed by the obstacles already encoured, just before my honeymoon even started, I decided to cancel my booking and sent an email complaing about the way my booking was handled. I never received a reply. Looking through websites to book another hotel I saw that in Splendia there was an offer with the initial rate offered by the same hotel. I decided to take my chance and book it. And, I never regretted it . We had a bit of issue locating it because we were by car and the GPS apparently does not work in the historic centre of Florence. However, the consierge was helpful and gave us directions via the phone. When we arrived there, we mentioned that we were there for our honeymoon and also due to the distress getting lost while trying to locate the hotel, they gave us a double upgrade and we were given a lovely junior suite. The hotel is very friendly, cute and very clean. Its not too big (so it does not feel impersonal) nor too small (so you have most services of a large hotel) so you feel you get a special treatment. The common areas are beautiful (the hotel was a palazzo), decorated with stunning stained glasses and some walls even have frescoes. The location is fantastic, it is in a very central/posh area of Florence, nearby most famous Italian boutiques and sights. Palazzo Vechio and the Uffizi gallery are a 5 minutes walk. Hence, appart from the initial booking issue, our stay was fantastic. I would definately recomend this hotel and when we are back in Florence, we are definately staying there again!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very small. 116 Junior suite is spacius and lovely. However, it does not have any...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Everything you want in a hotel as a tourist!! Location couldn't be better if you want to walk from place to place in Florence. I saw all the sights and was never more than 5 mins walk away. If you're traveling for business, be aware that the hotel internet is very sloooow. Fortunately, I was there on a weekend during an extended business trip so internet was not my concern at the time. The front desk staff was very helpful as was the bar and breakfast team. A very sufficient breakfast was offered. I will stay there again on my next trip to Florence.

Room Tip: For a few euro more (at the time I booked), the Junior Suite was a very nice option. Much larger th...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Having blindly booked a 3 night stay at Hotel Porta Rossa online, I was a little nervous before my arrival with my two girl friends. I assure you, there is NOTHING to worry about when staying here!

The location - perfect.
The front desk staff - very helpful.
The rooms - AWESOME! Clean, comfortable, the bathroom is spacious.
The morning breakfast...complementary and very good!

Knowing that we had a home base to relax at in Florence was a true comfort for us.

I would highly recommend this luxurious hotel for anyone traveling to Florence.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends