1) Plenty of beautiful hotels in Italy (this one certainly is). Many are well appointed (this one has superb modern design blending with a late meadiaeval building). Some are even clean and mold-free (this one is). But, in my fairly large and certainly long experience, this is the first (in Italy) with trully impeccable service. In Italy, one finds practically anything except service. Porta Rossa is THE exception. The service is beyond simply "dedicated": the staff are CONCERNED for the guest; their helpfulness, attention, punctuality and constant availability go way beyond the call of duty. The stuff are young and sophisticated (even the bell boys) and their professionalism blends perfectly well with charm and dignity. I had another first in this hotel: both the governess who made my child's bed, and the bell-boy who ran to my car under the rain to show me how to come closer to the hotel – refused their tips!!! Sweetly, gently and gratefully refused. Truly amazing in the business where people paid miserable salaries – particularly in Italy. 2) Excellent breakfast, location, design, cleanliness, location, etc. (car park – only 25€ per 24h!). But service beats it all. I'm going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa hotel in Florence is a historical landmark, offering modern adaptations of classical beauty. Built in the 12th century, the NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , NHHotels, Expedia, Ebookers, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Porta Rossa Hotel Florence
- Hotel Porta Rossa
- Porta Rossa Florence