Hotel California Florence
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
US$317
US$243
Maria Novella
  • Breakfast included
NH Firenze Anglo American(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$396
US$321
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Golden Tower Hotel & Spa(Florence)
US$532
Hotel Davanzati(Florence)
US$357
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationduomo and the galleriapastriesrooftop barvery nice hotelreception areadomeeuropestorageespressoattractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Our room was nice, clean and comfortable bed and pillows. The ac worked well. The breakfast is very good and always fresh. Nice little space to eat in the garden. The terrace has a partial view to the Duomo and its almost in the corner! The only thing I didnt care for was the safe, too small...
The wifi is not free, an inconvenience for anyone.
The front desk is corteous and helpfull.
Will come back for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our only night in Florence. Well located, walking distance to the train and the duomo and historical sites. We stayed in what I believe must be the best room in the place, with high ceilings, crown molding, terrace and the best view of the duomo. The front desk staff was nice but lack technological support. The hotel overall seems to be haphazardly run, with random rooms being used for storage, poor Internet wifi service (additional charge), a small rooftop "bar" that is underutilized, and breakfast too that is poorly stocked and unappetizing. All in all the room was so good we would stay here again and just skip the breakfast and local bar. There's so much to do in Florence anyway that all you need is a good bed and good bathroom and both were perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the heart of Renaissance Florence. My companions and I found it easy to walk to any of the sites we wished to see, including Il Duomo, the Uffizzi, and the Ponte Vecchio.

The hotel itself is attractive enough inside. The rooms are a little small by North American standards. My bathroom included a non-functioning jacuzzi tub, while my companions' room had a shower. There was air conditioning with an electronic control panel in the room. You must pay 10E per day for WiFi. I found it strange that a 3-Star hotel would not include free WiFi.

The included breakfast was adequate. There were somewhat stale cornetti, jam, hot cereal, some fruit, ham, and the worst coffee that I had during my month in Italy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trekkiekins
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night with my wife during our trip in Italy. I can't say almost nothing negative about it. Staff was really friendly. They don't speak russian so I have to translate to other tourist from our group, but my basic english was more than enough to communicate. Hotel is placed in five minutes of Piazza del Duomo, so there is choice of shopping and restaurants around. Room on the first floor was reasonable large, with frescos at the ceiling, and terrace (though small) gave a very nice view to the dome of Santa Maria del Fiore with some swallow flying in front of. Bathroom seems even big comparing to other italian hotels, the only small problem - jacuzzi did not worked, but actually we're was there for Florence, not jacuzzi, of course :) Breakfast had enough of choice for a continental one, even with watermelon. What can I say? Having guarantees for the same room, I'd like to stay at this hotel again and may be again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family