“Very nice owner”

Ranked #217 of 420 Hotels in Florence
Hershey
“Very nice owner”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hotel off the beaten path of main area of Florence. Quiet, nice, but small rooms. Inconvenient outlet placement for charging phones, etc. Modern bathroom with hairdryer. Very nice sitting area in the lounge. Owner accommodating and helpful with finding directions to our next destination.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan, Usa
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was the second time we have stayed at Hotel Boccaccio when we have flown out of Florence. It is very close to the train and bus stations, as well as city tour busses and walking venues. We would certainly recommend it for longer stays as well. Accomodating staff and "niceties" in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Tom H
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I'm not terribly fussy when it comes to a hotel room. I just want somewhere that is conveniently located, quiet, and clean at a reasonable rate. Hotel Boccaccio does all that.

The location is great. It's just a 5 minute walk from the train station, and within easy walking distance to Florence's attractions.

This room was the largest we had on our Italian Adventure. The bathroom was enormous when compared to the places we stayed in Rome and Venice. I'm 6'2" and I could actually turn around in the shower without bashing my head or elbows! The bed was pretty firm, perhaps bordering on -too- firm, and the pillows were kind of flat, but it wasn't terrible. I just think we've been spoiled by the hotel standards here in the states. The big plus is that the room was spotless.

The breakfast buffet was pretty standard for Europe.

Overall, it's not a bad choice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dgtl1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 October 2013

By far my worst experience with a hotel in Italy so far. To start off, grossly over priced as I have paid 135 euros for a night with the view of a wall (I have uploaded a picture of my fantastic view of the wall) and a bathroom that was too small. My room smelt like food constantly even though I had not eaten in it once. The service was appalling as well, with a manager that said "I will teach you a lesson" when I asked to cancel my reservation. Yes, those were his exact words. Moreover, when I asked for an electrical adapter I was asked to come and get it rather than it being delivered to my room. The only two upsides to my stay in this hotel was its proximity to the train station and it's "relative" cleanliness, besides the smell.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank TheHamZoo
hershey
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was my first stay at the Hotel Boccaccio in Firenze, but will not be my last. Located near the Train Station, we seemed to be just a short walk, from everything. The Hotel also has a Trattoria they own nearby that they recommend. We all enjoyed a great lunch, immediately after checking in. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. The included breakfast was good. Also the Hotel offers parking in a nearby lot. They have it all, and at a fair price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The location is good, very near the station and you can easily find it.
The room is small but comfortable, all you need were prepared - air con, hot water, towel, hairdry, etc.
I also liked the breakfast they offered. very nice coffee !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed at this lovely hotel for the past three years and I love it. The staff are amazingly hospitable, the location is prime, the rooms are clean and stylish and the breakfast is lovely. I stayed here with a friend in August 2013 and I enjoyed myself so much that I have decided to go back with my husband in October, next week. All the staff are great but every year I look forward to seeing Domenico. He always remembers me and lets me practice my Italian. I would highly recommend Hotel Boccaccio. Kimberly Ondrechak, Canada

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends