We caught a taxi from the train station, took 5 mins, as we weren't too sure of the exact location. Some streets in Florence are cobbled so it's harder to drag large suitcases.
Reception desk is always open and staff are very friendly and helpful. Most spoke good English and were encouraging when we tried to speak Italian. We were impressed with every staff member we encountered. Well done to the management, as staff have been carefully chosen.
The system at this hotel is to leave your room key with reception, and they hang it on a hook clearly visible to all, with your corresponding room number - seems to work well, although a little disconcerting when you're not used to it (we wondered what happens when someone pretends to belong to a certain room, in order to check out valuables, but they provide a room safe, which we used).
Our room was on the third floor with a view out the back over various other windows, balconies and rooftops, which was very nice, and very Italian. Rooms are quiet, large, softly lit, beautifully decorated and furnished, very comfortable and have an artistic quality about them. Bathroom is clean and large, ours had a large bath, shower, bidet, toilet, basin - white, with yellow trim, good lighting, tasteful, modern. Artwork on walls throughout the establishment gives the place a cultural air. Soft couches in the waiting area near reception are restful when waiting, the guest book was filled with positive comments and little drawings, the adjoining bar area welcomed us with a drink and snack (delicious) and the breakfast room was spacious and well set out. Breakfast was the best we had during our 10 day stay in Italy. Absolutely superb. The other fabulous thing about the Il Guelfo Bianco is the location. Perfect. You can walk back to your room during the day and leave shopping items, or freshen up.
We stayed in Summer, and the air conditioning was most welcome.
Thanks to staff, we had a wonderful experience at the Il Guelfo Bianco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence